Show Me Your Apocalypse Arsenal

I was just wondering about that Mil Thunder Five. Was it a hard fix?

Once I had the hand...surprisingly no. Either Charter bought all the old Thunder 5 parts and was going to label them the Big Dawg, or Charter built the guns to the exact same specs. I really lucked out with this one, I didn't have to fit the hand and the bolt still locked fine, and it was timed right without fitting (every once in a great while, you get lucky on things)

Once I had the hand...surprisingly no. Either Charter bought all the old Thunder 5 parts and was going to label them the Big Dawg, or Charter built the guns to the exact same specs. I really lucked out with this one, I didn't have to fit the hand and the bolt still locked fine, and it was timed right without fitting (every once in a great while, you get lucky on things)

That's really cool! Great score. I've seen 1 once at a gunshow and never again and I've thought about that missed buy every now and then. Got a DE 44mag instead and sold it less than a month later. You alway got great stuff but this 1 really got me jealous.

That's really cool! Great score. I've seen 1 once at a gunshow and never again and I've thought about that missed buy every now and then. Got a DE 44mag instead and sold it less than a month later. You alway got great stuff but this 1 really got me jealous.

Thanks, but the MIL isn't mine, it belongs to a friend of one of my folks. Never seen one in person before this one, the ones that actually sell on gunbroker don't seem to go for much.

M67 you sir are a bad influence that's to you I found 2 for sale and am surprised at the price I'm about a month away from my last big buy of the year and it maybe a Mil thunder five. Thanks for steering me in the right direction I appreciate it!

Gents,

Quick question -- have any of you used/fired a Glock 20 with a Streamlight TLR-1s attached? I currently have that setup as a HD night stand gun. I wanted to make sure that there isn't any slide malfunction due to increased rigidity/weight distribution of the polymer frame. I figured one of you guys might know. Thanks!

^ Um, no, you're fine. The only thing I see wrong in that picture, is a Glock.... lol J/K

^ Um, no, you're fine. The only thing I see wrong in that picture, is a Glock.... lol J/K

Haha -- no glock hate allowed!! No but I ask because I've read on some other forums that this has happened. Wanted to know if those instances are isolated incidents and not the common trend.

As for Glocks, I would prefer the 18 with 100 rd drum but...I'll stick with ol faithful.

If they warped the frame, they put way too much damn pressure on the screws (I've never heard of this, but then again, I've never been around people dumb enough to keep wrenching on things till it warps...). Use blue Loctite to lock the threads in if you are unsure of your pressure. You want it to be tight, but don't warp the frame obviously (which, you have to be 'almost' stupid to do). You of course want it tight, but don't keep screwing it on there just because you can (you know what I mean). You want a good tight fit, and if you are unsure of the screw backing out, like I said, the blue Loctite is great. Anyway, I've been around hundreds, and between my friends and I... you have nothing to worry about (I'm not even sure of how the hell they screwed it on that tight...).

^ Sweet thanks man -- yea I definitely don't have it on too tight. It's snug, but safely so -- the only other thing I need to be mindful of is over penetration. I use 180 gr Hornady XTP Hollow Points -- I'll just aim low ��

Those glock 20 are sweeeeet. You can get some pretty impressive ammo for them. The only thing I've seen have issues in the 10mm was a glock 21 conversion I did for a buddy and he insisted on leaving the crimson trace laser on the 21 gen 3 frame which after a few rounds lost it's zero he sent it back and got a new 1 and it seems to be holding up.

Those glock 20 are sweeeeet. You can get some pretty impressive ammo for them. The only thing I've seen have issues in the 10mm was a glock 21 conversion I did for a buddy and he insisted on leaving the crimson trace laser on the 21 gen 3 frame which after a few rounds lost it's zero he sent it back and got a new 1 and it seems to be holding up.

Yea -- I love mine. If only I could comfortably CCW it here in Los Angeles. The chances of getting approved for a CCW here is slim to none. Oh well -- I guess I should buy property out of state at some point. :)

Yea -- I love mine. If only I could comfortably CCW it here in Los Angeles. The chances of getting approved for a CCW here is slim to none. Oh well -- I guess I should buy property out of state at some point. :)

I've heard if you apply at a rural police/sheriffs dept out there you'll get it but I'm not sure if you got to be a resident of that county and if you could just get a po box there.....it's worth looking into and if you get it it should be good statewide ....look into it! FYI ....I maybe wrong...lol.

Gents,

Quick question -- have any of you used/fired a Glock 20 with a Streamlight TLR-1s attached? I currently have that setup as a HD night stand gun. I wanted to make sure that there isn't any slide malfunction due to increased rigidity/weight distribution of the polymer frame. I figured one of you guys might know. Thanks!

Let a few shots off out the window and try it out! Lol

(On a serious note, wouldnt you want to know for sure that it works without fault? If you need to rely on it to stay alive, make sure you can trust it..)

You should not have any problems with any Glock model with a Streamlight weapon light attached. Provided it's attached correctly of course. This is the standard setup for many Law Enforcement agency's, and wouldn't be unless it was thought to be reliable.

I personally have owned gen. 2,3, and Glocks. All have had a Streamlight weapon light attached, and each has had over a thousand rounds through them with hardly an issue. Of the very few issues they did have, none were attributable to the light.

Shoot it and try it before you trust it. Buying 10mm ammo sucks but put 100 rounds through it and make sure it functions properly.

Gruntsoldier has a Glock and it won't function with a light on it, doesn't allow the frame to flex like it needs to during recoil.

Most function fine but every now and then......you'll have one that won't with a light attatched.

Damn glocks

Back