Show me your Hess knives

D9D33F74-9FFB-4F22-9E10-397DE02E37D0.jpeg In the last seven months I purchased these Hess knives. I find them to be a good value for the money.

The first is a a muley in Buckeye Burl.
The second is a Whitetail in stacked leather.
The third is a Tiburon in Crown Stag.
The fourth is a Whitetail in Birdseye Maple.
The fifth is a Tiburon in stacked leather.

If you have a Hess knife please share.

The Muley is a great outdoor knife. All the attributes of a fine outdoor knife fulfilled;
*very thin flat grind
*drop point blade
*love the brass hardware and stacked leather handle
*carbon steel blade

Hess knives are the preminent value in fixed blade knives in today’s market. While there may be better performing models in today’s market, none will give you the “bang for the buck” giggle you get the first time cutting anything with a properly sharpened Hess. You can spend sustantially more on a <4” fixed blade, but why?

View attachment 1163484 In the last seven months I purchased these Hess knives. I find them to be a good value for the money.

The first is a a muley in Buckeye Burl.
The second is a Whitetail in stacked leather.
The third is a Tiburon in Crown Stag.
The fourth is a Whitetail in Birdseye Maple.
The fifth is a Tiburon in stacked leather.

If you have a Hess knife please share.
That's a great bunch :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Muley is a great outdoor knife. All the attributes of a fine outdoor knife fulfilled;
*very thin flat grind
*drop point blade
*love the brass hardware and stacked leather handle
*carbon steel blade

Hess knives are the preminent value in fixed blade knives in today’s market. While there may be better performing models in today’s market, none will give you the “bang for the buck” giggle you get the first time cutting anything with a properly sharpened Hess. You can spend sustantially more on a <4” fixed blade, but why?

I agree, Jamie. I've owned/used a lot of fixed blades over the years and Hess knives are hard to beat for performance/value.

Tiburon
KX5yPiW.jpg

lOyDsNz.jpg

6xXBz3i.jpg

Looking forward to this thread! I've almost pulled the trigger on a Hess fixed blade sooo many times.

The Tiburon has been calling to me for a while now. LOL

Cool thread, I love my Hess knives. I have a cocobolo Whitetail and a maple burl Frontiersman. I dont know how to post pictures but theyre gorgeous. More importantly they cut like crazy! Theyre tough and hold a great edge, they get very sharp and I love the convex edges. I gutted a deer last year with my Whitetail (a whitetail for my Whitetail) and it performed very well. It was comfortable and kept its edge, and I liked the guard since it wasnt too big (some get in my way). The sheaths on Hess knives are good too. Hess knives are a great value!

I've been waiting on a restock of a stacked leather tiburon after trying out a pioneer. The handles can be on the short side but otherwise it was a great knife. A lot of value.

I love, love, love my Hess Whitetail. Just the right size for practical use, and stacked leather feels so darned good in the hand.

1MQXwYIh.jpg

Great to see your Whitetail again, Buzz! Yours was the one that motivated me to purchase my own just like it. I love the look and feel of stacked leather and, like you said, the size is just right.

Here's mine, photos taken shortly after it arrived.

lMkxgMVh.jpg

p3PG545h.jpg

I had been looking at a couple and wanted stacked leather too, but the supply seems have dried up lately. I think the Whitetail or Muley would make a great fixed blade hunting knife. I’ll have to keep my eyes open.

Edited to add, WhittlinAway WhittlinAway gave me a tip so I don’t have to keep my eyes open anymoreo_O. I’ll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Last edited:
The boxes they tick are a) quality b) looks c) real value.

Here's a Small Caper in Burl. surprisingly versatile, guts fish, skins, makes fire-curls, food prep and yet is compact can be put in a coat pocket. Thick slabs offer real handling comfort too.

I'd like to get one of their Bird & Trout types too.

lZiiWoo.jpg

The boxes they tick are a) quality b) looks c) real value.

Here's a Small Caper in Burl. surprisingly versatile, guts fish, skins, makes fire-curls, food prep and yet is compact can be put in a coat pocket. Thick slabs offer real handling comfort too.

I'd like to get one of their Bird & Trout types too.

lZiiWoo.jpg
Thats a good looking knife!

Those whitetails are so cool. I snagged a Tiburon in black stacked leather a few days back. Need to get a pic or two of it posted in here.

My first impressions of Hess are quite positive, and holy smokes, is the factory edge on it impressive!

Back