Show me your phenolics! Bussekin micarta appreciation thread? Special handle appreciation? ok go...

Great idea for a thread...

I’ve compared the micarta from my current RMD’s to the micarta from an RMD from way back (original run) and there seems to be a difference that I’ve been intrigued by. Can’t tell how much of that is due to usage and/or aging..

Back in the old days linen micarta (finer thread, thinner weaves, more contrast) was an option and other times more recently I remember seeing canvas micarta that would look at lot more like the finer linens from the early days.

After my first time seeing a really nice example of Busse micarta, every knife since then I find myself anticipating and as excited for what my micarta will look like as the blade itself...definitely one of my ultimate favorite handle materials.

oh and I second the vote for let's see em!

Could anyone enlight me to what this handle scale is? Looks a bit like tigerhide linen but the color is a bit off?
I'm pretty sure it is tigerhide linen micarta. The tigerhide dark streaks are present, and the thread weave is fine and tight like linen micarta. Nice knife and sheath! :cool:

I've got a TGULB in tan canvas on the way right now. I am right there with ya on being as excited about the micarta as the blade. I'll post pics here when it comes in

here's some pics of light colored OD Green Micarta on my TGULB to tide ya over till your knife ships in:

90HuPBS.jpg

9VkfNW9.jpg

FXkDQoy.jpg

PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne the pictures you took in the TGULB announcement thread are actually what tipped the scales in my deciding which knife to buy. The small details you captured really made it the clear winner between the current offerings in the 7-8" range.

PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne the pictures you took in the TGULB announcement thread are actually what tipped the scales in my deciding which knife to buy. The small details you captured really made it the clear winner between the current offerings in the 7-8" range.

Glad to help out, and you really can't go wrong with any shade of Micarta on the TGULB-- it's a match made in HOG Heaven! :D

These are some great knives. Makes me want some tiger hide or the old snakeskin micarta. I saw the title says special handles so I thought I’d add a pic of this recent scoop! Mammoth ivory hack bear cub le #1519348337-C5DA-40D4-A2FF-95938F01F22D.jpeg

Back