Show Off Those Neck Knives!

QUESTION FOR GUYON, JAXX, SOMBER, AND ANYONE ELSE WHO LOVES MURRAY CARTER KNIVES....

What would you guys think if Murray Carter made a skeletonized necker? I've been thinking about this lately, and I wanted to get some thoughts from ya'll on it. If I ever don't carry my Carter, it's because I want something lighter and smaller that won't "print" as much, like my Izula. But my Murray Carter is hands down the best cutter and slicer of any knife I own.

Just imagine one of these knives below, except without scales and with hammer finish all the way down the handle... What would you think?

HandForgedNeckKnives_Large.jpg

I emailed him about it asking if it could be done, and he said it's possible but I don't know if he's 100% sold on the idea. I bet if we all harass him about he might put one up on his site. What do you think?

JGON

I'll take the 3rd one from the top left Alex, for a hundred:D

Love the monkeys fist on the izula. Guess I forgot the quote lol on page 1 so I don't look dumb

Last edited:
Just started getting into neck knives. Here my humble collection so far. I'm hoping to pick up a Damascus "scrap" from Alan Folts in the near future.

Newt Livesay "woo"
Special Circumstances "zipper"
JDR knife and tool "fireant"

DSC01967.jpg

Here's mine! The last one I was using as a necker but have since put a tek-lok on it.

Koster Ramanon Mini Nessie Necker CPM154 with natural canvas micarta
attachment.php

Koster W&SS S30V with silver twill G10
attachment.php

Coal Creek Forge Shark Skinner 1080 with blue box elder
attachment.php

Attachments

• mini nessie 800x600.jpg
    mini nessie 800x600.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 334
  • W&SS 800x600.jpg
    W&SS 800x600.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 339
  • Shark Skinner 800x600.jpg
    Shark Skinner 800x600.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 335
That little "Coal Creek Forge Shark Skinner 1080 with blue box elder" is kinda weird but cool! :D

I'm loving your "Koster W&SS S30V with silver twill G10," so nicely executed. :thumbup:

Back