Show off your 15's

Both very nice Jack, they'll look good with a nice dark patina:D:thumbsup:

ive mineral oiled and packed it back away :):D. it was for the most part still nit having not cut anything. The black micarta tho, is definitely a user now, it bit my thumb yesterday, and i attempted to polish the spots off to no success which makes it more endearing :rolleyes: I just cant get away from how much snappier this one is compared to the red.

Posted a pic of this 15 a couple weeks back but I think this pic is better and since it's a favorite of mine I thought I'd share it again today.

The HJ7 is getting pretty close to the perfect 15.:cool: While I often prefer a clip blade, the spear and the awl combo are extremely versatile and lay very flat to the frame. This design is so comfortable it's a joy to use. The bone is grippy and attractive and the end cap protective. (we all drop knives:() Overall this one is about as good as it gets. Once again thank you Charlie and GEC. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9STTYZG.jpg

Posted a pic of this 15 a couple weeks back but I think this pic is better and since it's a favorite of mine I thought I'd share it again today.

9STTYZG.jpg
Handsome knife and a super nice picture of it.
The more knives I own, the more I appreciate the #15s. They seem to have the perfect balance of pocket size and usable blade length. There really are no compromises when carrying these beauty's.

Sorry MJ I almost missed your post. Thank you for your kind words, I feel very fortune to have an HJ7. It's my pleasure to share it with you and the good folks here.

Ah yes, the Barry Scout! I gave mine to Blake Shelton last year. Funny, he didn't even know what it was! I told him it's for opening bottles of your favorite beverage. And on occasion, using the screw driver. Then he got it!!

Last edited:
Beautiful shots, Ron! No chance of that, he never flies commercial, has his own plane and helicopter to boot!
He still has it and leaves it at his 600 acre ranch, at Lake Texoma, most of the time. He's mostly a Case knife guy but I may have changed his mind!

Beautiful shots, Ron! No chance of that, he never flies commercial, has his own plane and helicopter to boot!
He still has it and leaves it at his 600 acre ranch, at Lake Texoma, most of the time. He's mostly a Case knife guy but I may have changed his mind!
Thanks Perry! The photo with the Lever action is Barry's, the other is mine! I know Blake was talking several years ago on the Voice about TSA at LAX taking his favorite Case Stag knife. I saw somewhere that Case had sent him a replacement. I guess they figured that was cheap advertisement for all that national coverage. :)

Last edited:
LOL, yep. Back in his early days, before he was making more than anyone on NBC! The highest payed talent on NBC now!
Even more than any of the news anchors.

That's a shame Perry! Knowing Blakes luck ;) TSA probably has your Gun Scout by now! :eek: They were so named Gun Scout by the man himself @gunstockjack Barry in this picture from the thread. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-beer-scout-knife.1287131/page-87 Perry, you can go to the page in this link if you want to see a reminder of what yours looked like! :thumbsup:

This is @gunstockjack Barry's photo!

These IMHO are the best of the Scouts and this one is mine! :D

20129055856_4bb731da49_b.jpg

Beautiful knives gentlemen. Might I ask what type of wood that is?

Bubinga perhaps?

Back