1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by thurin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

Oyster, Pokerface, Scotcha and 9 others like this.
  2. Pokerface

Pokerface

Aug 1, 2011
    [​IMG]

Oyster, Nbrackett, Dritios and 3 others like this.
  3. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2007
    I received this Bushcrafter Sr today from Philllip (M4Super90) It's a stunner! I recently sold a non-Fiddleback but kept the sheath. I wanted a 4"+ blade and this Bushcrafter surprisingly was still available. It's a perfect fit for this sheath. It won't ever replace my Bushfinger set-up but this will definitely get some extensive use.

Patriot Leather:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Odaon and Nbrackett like this.
  4. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Showing off the Blue Ladies hanging out under a shady oak in their Rick Lowe dragon scale leather. Couldn’t be happier with the matching sheath patterns, and @Rick Lowe is a great guy to deal with!

A440B33E-E845-4B37-9156-3ADDCA721136.jpeg 3630D77F-4E74-474D-B764-032F00FB6A5A.jpeg
    1A667BC6-7C84-43F5-B618-BB7616532C68.jpeg

Oyster, Onedog, jaz322 and 5 others like this.
  5. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Weekend project for the HB IMG_2693.jpg IMG_2694.jpg IMG_2695.jpg ...

Oyster, jaz322, catalystman80 and 7 others like this.
  6. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Sneaky Pete in Rick Lowe leather from Olde Towne Cutlery (they are great, by the way :thumbsup:)...

[​IMG]

7. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Very nice

Aias likes this.
  8. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear Platinum Member

Apr 29, 2016
    test post...please ignore...sorry

9. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Ignored! Roger that :D

10. Southern Gent

Apr 3, 2015
    New belt carry pattern for the Bushboot. The sheath wraps around the bolster area of the handle and snaps in place. Makes for a nice minimalist sheath and showcases the knife's awesome handle. This one is for a lefty if anyone is interested...

BB1.jpg BB3.jpg

Oyster, Kal-El, NoRest and 5 others like this.
  11. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Looks good! Could you please show the other side?

(I Bushboot not, but am interested in seeing how the sheath ‘works’.)

~ P.

Lady1911 and Warrior108 like this.
  12. Southern Gent

Apr 3, 2015
    Sure thing. Here you go. I sewed a loop onto the other side for a belt. Please excuse my sloppy backside stitching. Doing this all by hand I'm going to add a stitching groove on the backside as well to ensure a straight line, especially on the curved sheaths. That's the kind of stuff that drives me nuts, but is at least I know what to do to not repeat it. It's fairly easy to stay consistent on the presentation (front) side, but the back can get a little tricky with a leather awl. On a side note, I picked up a GEC 46 yesterday. Finally got my Whaler! IMG_2964.jpg BB2.jpg

13. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Looks like it would ride pretty high, based on where the belt loop is located. I like the idea of this sheath, though. The tooling on the leather is great!

14. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    A big shout out to my good friend Justen @Southern Gent for making a couple of Hiking Buddy sheaths for me in the midst of his busy schedule! It started out as one, but he's been toying around with a couple of new patterns, so he went all out.
    Thanks Justen!

Sorry for the poor lighting! This was a quick pic.

[​IMG]

15. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Tooling on that brown one is sexy! Would love a flat back pocket sheath for a runt w/ that center tooling on it.

pertinux likes this.