Show off your GEC Acrylics

P6XK4rF.jpg

I know there were an SFO from the late Bob some years ago but can't understand why GEC haven't offered more Bullnose in acyrilic? It's tough, beautiful and probably feels good in the hand, this one is a superb looker. (Hope it's not headed for that shed roof of yours.....😁)

Regards, Will

No worries. It's not headed to the wood shed. You're right. It was an SFO comissioned by the late Bob Andrews

I recently added this Painted Pony 53. I can't find much info on these, so if anyone knows more, I'd appreciate it! Love the character on this one. Not sure what they called it, but it's a very deep, excellent color. Photo hard to do it justice. I guess there's a chance this is mica pearl, but like I said, hard to find reliable info!

wPKxfGch.jpg

rpstrimple rpstrimple
As Jeff just posted 25 made, if from 2009.

Here’s what I found from an old post elsewhere…
Made by Great Eastern with the Painted Pony Mica Pearl, which is a corelon type comp handle. It is trademarked by Michael Prater who does the painted Pony line of knives. The last 2 NKCA knives were done by Painted Pony. he also does a lot of channel inlay knives, like the Yellowhorse knives.

Very David Bowie :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think those Painted Ponies were from 2008 or 2009 in batches of just 25 knives. Most of them had 420HC stainless blades.
Thank you! Yes it's from 2009, I couldn't find any info on the production sheet unless I overlooked it. I figured they were small batches as this one is stamped 18. And it's in a different orientation/font than GEC's usual stamping for serializing.
rpstrimple rpstrimple
As Jeff just posted 25 made, if from 2009.

Here’s what I found from an old post elsewhere…
Made by Great Eastern with the Painted Pony Mica Pearl, which is a corelon type comp handle. It is trademarked by Michael Prater who does the painted Pony line of knives. The last 2 NKCA knives were done by Painted Pony. he also does a lot of channel inlay knives, like the Yellowhorse knives.

Very David Bowie :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks! It seems like Mica Pearl is the handle then. This is good info, I appreciate it. It is very Bowie-esque!

Back