Show off your GEC Acrylics

Here's a couple more.

Coppertone
coppertone3.jpg

Carmel Apple Dip
IMG_0289-4-1.jpg

Thanks, Jim.:thumbup: I had a feeling that it was something along those lines, but wasn't sure. The engraved lockback that you posted is great. I'm not usually a fan of engraving on knives, but GEC did a really nice job on that one.

Black Mamba, that sapphire acrylic is gorgeous!

Got outside this morning for these.

ED47E1A3-AF7A-4919-99B5-158D3E3A445B-4989-000003228A85C6A1_zps5de802c2.jpg

CFC14460-32A6-44BA-819A-4536C75572DA-4989-0000032284FF4E92_zps82df08ed.jpg

SENSATIONAL! I'm very fond of most green shades, this one looks like the colours on some very Old School fountain pen:thumbup:

GEC do a lot of interesting acrylics, as evidenced by this absorbing thread. Their faux Tortoise is really attractive, some of the earlier Dead Skunk (the less greyish more cream)works well. I missed out on a Pumpkin Patch 66 to my regret, it's a rare one it seems and very good.

I think I need more acrylic in my hoard

Thanks, Will

I've been after a Dead Skunk acrylic for a while, but when I went to get one, I think it was later production, and was much darker, and just wasn't as appealing to me. I passed on the Dead Skunk and went for the Abalone Looking Glass instead.

Maybe off topic, but here's the song that supposedly inspired the color of the GEC "Dead Sunk" scales. My inlaws lived in Smartsville, California (near Grass Valley), and we'd drive up to see them several times a year. One summer, we passed at least six dead skunks - and various other flattened critters - on the trip up there. Later I found Loudon Wainwright's song, and it was our road trip theme for several years. Every time we passed a dead skunk, we had to stop whatever we were doing and put the song on.

Hold your nose, and enjoy. :)

[video=youtube;UejelYnVI3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejelYnVI3U[/video]

~Chris

what she actually meant was to put all your knives in your pocket and walk around in front of my house so i can ask you if my tissue smells like chloroform and then you know the rest :D

Sarahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Am I to interpret that as to take a long walk off a short pier....................jealous

This is one of the much earlier Acylics called Northern Lights

When I first posted it here, there was much jest calling it MOB, Mother of Bowling Ball
And it was not readliy accectable as a handle material
Fashions change

attachment.php

Man oh man... these are gorgeous. I'm going to have to pick up one of those abalone looking glass ones.

Anyone know if they made one similar to this? It would match my pen.

fullsize3.jpg

PGeo00, closest I've seen (I haven't seen them all) is the church glass acrylic but the flakes are much bigger. It looks like you'd be looking for Glitter Gold without the gold...

Funny thing about this handle material in the Congress Pattern first was called Church Glass Perylic with the Great Eastern Brand than was called Christmas Lights in the Northfield and in the Dogleg Trapper pattern Church Glass..............

8530615127_17593097f5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Funny thing about this handle material in the Congress Pattern first was called Church Glass Perylic with the Great Eastern Brand than was called Christmas Lights in the Northfield and in the Dogleg Trapper pattern Church Glass..............

I too noticed what they did with Chiristmas Lights, and I really wish they wouldn't rename an existing acrylic color. If it's not confusing now, wait 10-15+ years down the road and it'll surely give collectors fits.

They also call this recent 54 Christmas Lights.
IMG_0430_zps8e6e7faf.jpg

I'm enjoying seeing some of the rare ones, Jim. Some of those I didn't know existed. Like the 61 congress above and the SS bunt sky furtaker trapper. Very nice.

Back