Show us your Charlie Campagna SFOs

I never get tired of seeing that knife Charlie!! I don't post pics as often because I always have the same knife in my pocket, the "one".
View attachment 1761858
Is this a re-dyed Sepia Genuine Barlow TC? It has the 4-pin placement found on the last release which only also occurred on the Ancients if I recall. I also see faint saw cuts and a long pull spear suggesting to me that it once was Sepia colored model. Relevant knife content showing pin placement including my Sepia Bone version (the only one from that run that was a “Genuine CC SFO”).C8D877E7-E225-4125-8761-FCCB676752BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes it is a sepia sawcut bone, that has been dyed. I have owned many TC barlows but have passed them on because if I'm not using it I don't want it( no safe queens for me). IMO traditional ( GEC, Case XX, carbon steel, etc.) knives get better with age and use. I have always admired, lusted over, enjoyed etc Charlie's "Old Boiley" barlow. I wasn't brave enough to do what Charlie did, but it's close. Also I jumped at the chance to purchase mine directly from the man himself. Once again, Thank you Charlie.

Just got the first run ancient...

UxG7T9g.jpg

Yes it is a sepia sawcut bone, that has been dyed. I have owned many TC barlows but have passed them on because if I'm not using it I don't want it( no safe queens for me). IMO traditional ( GEC, Case XX, carbon steel, etc.) knives get better with age and use. I have always admired, lusted over, enjoyed etc Charlie's "Old Boiley" barlow. I wasn't brave enough to do what Charlie did, but it's close. Also I jumped at the chance to purchase mine directly from the man himself. Once again, Thank you Charlie.
Yes, Old Boiley is a landmark among TCs. I use some of my TCs but not all…one of my favorites is also a mod…just got home, time for a cold one.🍻21DC5AD6-CF33-4B9C-9170-484A6D942343.jpeg

Seems to have been some flare up again when discussing the 86 BF Barlow, this time concerning the Smooth Ivory “sisters” (for lack of better term) and the moderators had to step in. I saw some posted here on this thread awhile back…since folks don’t want them called a BF knife, should we just then assume that they are close enough to a SFO of Mr. CC’s to be included here with no fear of causing grief? Relevant content with an unquestioned SFO of Charlie’s.

D9BC1F95-A811-4758-9329-A762599EB9C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back