Show us your Ryan W. knives!!!

Discussion in 'Ryan W. Knives' started by jball1125, Jan 29, 2014.

1. MillersFixedBlades

MillersFixedBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Wow, jball1125 those are two big blades, awesome combo. That Vegan Croc has been calling my name.

2. AZ2AK

AZ2AK

Oct 8, 2012
    Me too!! :D;) hehe

3. grafton

grafton

Aug 28, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. RyanW

RyanW Moderator Moderator

Jul 17, 2009
    Hey Grafton,
    That is a blast from the not too distant past. One of my first customers, that is an early Search & Rescue with Cocobolo scales! Thanks for posting!

Love seeing these blades thanks again everyone for sharing and the support

5. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Great blade Grafton and nice camp shelter. Must be nice seeing one of your first Ryan.

6. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Was taking a pic of some EDC bag / pocket content for another thread and it just so happens there was a Weeks in there.

[​IMG]

7. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    That Proto EDT is getting some beautiful Patina! Thanks for sharing Jonas my friend! Who did you have make the Kydex Sheath?

8. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    I actually made the sheath from some leftover kydex I had. Made a few holster for family Christmas gifts. Not a Buy Brown but it works. :D

And yes I love the patina! Im growing more and more fond of carbon steels on my fixed blades for that very reason. Adds so much character.

9. grafton

grafton

Aug 28, 2010

Your first sale on BF if I remember right. Still the best sheath for blade retention I own, never have to worry about that one falling out. Congrats to you on your success.

10. Bringer

Bringer

Sep 6, 2011
    Here are a few pics of the knife that I got from Ryan.

The first pic is one that Ryan put together as the knife was being made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL]

11. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    Hey Bringer sorry for the delay and thanks for the post! that was a fun project and glad to see that knife gettin posted around... If any of you are not following Sharp Edge on Facebook Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/SharpEdgeTactical.BushCraft

Glad to see it getting some patina!

12. AZ2AK

AZ2AK

Oct 8, 2012
    Well, time and weather finally cooperated enough to get out after some halibut. Pulled in mostly cod, but put a couple of smallish 'buts on the boat. Pulled out my PSK to help out the fillet knife as required. Took an initial pic, but then got too busy cutting (and fish slimy) to take any "action" pics.

This one is about 25 lbs, a big fish in general but small for a halibut - I think the PSK gives a good perspective of scale.

[​IMG]

Oh, here's one my SIL took:

[​IMG]

13. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Yum!!

14. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    Jealous!! I have a buddy up by you Shane that is reeling in the fish like a mad man! Believe he is in Kodiak working for the Coast Guard.

15. AZ2AK

AZ2AK

Oct 8, 2012
    Some incredible fishing around Kodiak. A bit too far, and sometimes too big water, for me to get there in my boat..

16. DukeHarley

DukeHarley

Apr 11, 2014
    WOW......Impressive!!!!!!

Jay

17. myemptymind

myemptymind Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  18. mewolf1

mewolf1 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 24, 2005
    From the SPK pass around.

[video=youtube;qugWu651LjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qugWu651LjI[/video]

[​IMG]

19. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    This one could be yours... just follow the LINK in order to enter and possibly win!
    (I have this knife now, and I'm making a sweet leather sheath for it. It MELTS into your hand. An excellent knife by all measures)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mack likes this.
  20. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Sometimes smaller is better, less is more etc.
    [​IMG]
    ...and carbon fiber is really cool.
    [​IMG]