• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

shrike! and a neotribal bit of steel, too.

I've got two here-

First is a Shrike. I haven't managed to get to one of these in quite a while. It's my take on a sharpfinger style.

Overall, she is a stink over 8 1/2 inches long (217mm for people who use inhumane measurement systems), with a blade of 4 3/8 inches or about 107mm

1/8 final thickness at the top, 1084 steel, high convex ground. Satin finish is a "really bright" forge finish. Meaning I pulled most of the "forge" out and went down to 400/600 grit and left a satin look.

Zebrawood for the handle, with 1/8 inch brass pins.

Pointy. And sharp. Serial number is 454

Ranger style sheath has a folded belt loop attached to a horizontal strap. Classy and super strong, no stitching through the body of the sheath.

I'm asking $185, with $7 for the shipping of her. I do all the usual paypal, check, and money order stuff.

thanks for looking!

454-0006.jpg

454-0009.jpg

454-0011.jpg

454-0012.jpg

And this is a neotribal piece I did on a whim- well, one of two. The other one is a half-head knife for my workshop.

So far all I've called it is a NotKiridashi. it's a convex chisel grind, with just a hair polished on the back to relieve the forge finish. Right handed, overall length of 7 3/8 inches with a blade of 2 3/4 inches. Blade is about 1 9/16 broad at the widest point.

Steel is recovered mill bandsaw, full heat treat and temper. Finish is raw forge finish with just some scrubbing and steel wool.

Handle is linen cord. I hand twisted eaver's linen, made 4 2ply cords, and then did a four strand twist. Soaked in linseed oil and cured.

Sheath is a folded pouch with the belt loop stitched on the welt edges. Not dyed, you can see a bit of the mink oil in the thread grooves. It'll buff out - either in time or I can do it with a brush.

number 455 out of the shop.

Asking $165, *shipped*, paypal, checks, money orders, large quantities of biltong all accepted.

thanks for the eyeballs-

455-0001.jpg

455-0002.jpg

455-0003.jpg

455-0005.jpg

Back