Silent Knight Update

Mine came in on Friday:
39508567580_6e8fabbc6e_h.jpg

The new CF is what I was hoping for; no grinder gremlins, chatter marks, pits or heavy scaling.
39509166060_d4be666b77_h.jpg

Closer look:
26447270577_e042d38c5d_h.jpg

For comparison - BIG NMFSH, SK, Stripped Argonne Attack:
40605365444_e5b1369bc6_h.jpg

Perfect user finish for me! Thanks @Jerry Busse !!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My SK CF also arrived today and it is brilliant. Great finish on the blade and arrived shaving sharp! Will try and post pics soon.

So what sheaths are people going for?

My SK CF also arrived today and it is brilliant. Great finish on the blade and arrived shaving sharp! Will try and post pics soon.

So what sheaths are people going for?

I went for Kydex from Brother Brown (BuyBrown).
Now all I have to do is wait till Dave gets his SK to make me a sheath!
Come on Busse Shipping Dept. !!!! ;) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the pic Azula. Was hoping someone would post a pic of old school SK beside the new

Finally got my CF SK today. It arrived a week ago, but I was traveling. Overall it’s a great looking blade and very nice balance for a big fighter. But the CF is much less appealing than all other variants I’ve seen. Mine looks the same as others have posted with irregular cross-hatch grind lines on the flats and much deeper longitudinal surface grind lines left around the blade catch, talon hole and butt. I honestly think this stretches the definition of “light machining marks”. You can feel them very clearly when you run a nail across them, so if these are light, I don’t know what heavy machining marks would be. The finish is like the BIG finish, but with much heavier and less regular surface grinding.

Also noticed that the edge angle is quite obtuse. Not as bad as my Skinny ASH, which has an edge like a brick, but still a step backwards from the much improved (thinner and more consistent) edges I’ve had on Busses in recent years. I much prefer the original CF - no surface grinding on the flats and convexed edge. That’s a personal preference - for me dimples add character whereas uneven grind lines just look nasty. But I do think it’s important to have some consistency so you know what you’re ordering. At this stage, I have no idea what the CF on the V8 will look like, but I probably wouldn’t have ordered it if I knew it was going to be like the SK.

So overall, I don’t regret getting the SK, but would appreciate some consistency on finishes and edges. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to know what you’re ordering when you’re laying down more than half a grand on a knife.

I agree with consistency, and knowing what your ordering. I would hate dimples and anything that would hold water and rust. I actually really like the machine marks. It took me two hours to put a decent edge on the recurve part of the blade and I'm still not there. Very cool knife though, and I'm glad it was not only offered in satin for a grand.

Back