• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Simple Camper/hunter

I say I like a half guard on the basis of a safety issue. It depends on various items weather conditions used in, purposes of useage, it's not always necessary I can agree. I know a guy always stabs his knife in a tree or branch when not in use instead of his sheath, his fingers have gone down the blade more than once and he still does it. He's a logger, he's more worried about a tree falling on him, than his knife killing him.

A knife use to be a sharp cutting tool in the past, now the standard is these knives are like razor blades or scapels. In the past you could cut yourself and it was just a cut not to bad, you make a mishap with a knife nowadays you could be going to the hospital for repairs.

You did a great job and I went with your recommendation and agree a guard would have looked odd on the Wharncliff, all is good. Looking forward to seeing the other wharncliff blades you make.

That is a progress picture Ray made, with his hand holding it. Ray's got a big set of paws on him looks like. When my hand is on the knife you see about 1/8" inch of wood at both ends.

Ray should put up the picture from the tip backwards that shows the way he design the tip, looks really good and strong.

I like how casually the original knife is described as Simple camper/hunter. Those are both a-- kickin' name takin' knives that will last someone a lifetime, and then be fought over by hiers. Those look to me like the title should read "hierloom knife" or " the last kife you will ever need". Nice score on some awesome knives.
I hope to someday soon have some spare change to invest in one of these.

Back