Sir Snark-A-Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
"doesn't cut it" HA HA HA! I get it. See its funny cut year talkin' about a ... Ya well anyway.
I'm feeling purty good right now. Home alone and ready to get some sleep so I took a flexeril and now I'm crashing out. Good night!

The Jeep looking one has to retract the whees also...lol Just sayin.

Really? How you figure? It doesnt even looks like it needs to stop. And all the tires still look like they are straight unlike turning sideways.... You see something i dont??

Night RK!!

Looking pretty good, WW. You might consider rounding off the back of the pommel for ergonomic reasons a bit more; just a thought. You don't see that many knives with that abrupt a transition in that spot. Wait til you get a variable speed 2x72 with a good motor to work with though, if you think that makes it easy. Start saving up; I've still got my money on you getting hooked by the knifemaking bug.

Id rather have the jeep looking one that doesnt need to retract the tires.

Id be like Dude bro, now your tires got stuck and you're stuck in the water LMAO
It is definitely cool! I love that concept of a vehicle. First modern one I had seen was a concept vehicle from Switzerland, a Rinspeed. They are known for some pretty extravagant designs. They also made a car, and coated the entire thing with pave diamonds. That was pretty crazy. It's also an idea that has been around since WW1 or 2. Just recently it's been gaining popularity again. (Sorry, I <3 cars almost as much as knives... maybe more even!)

The Jeep looking one has to retract the wheels also...lol Just sayin.
It tucks them, it doesn't fold them up like the Gibbs does.
"doesn't cut it" HA HA HA! I get it. See its funny cut year talkin' about a ... Ya well anyway.
I'm feeling purty good right now. Home alone and ready to get some sleep so I took a flexeril and now I'm crashing out. Good night!
Night Richard!
Really? How you figure? It doesnt even looks like it needs to stop. And all the tires still look like they are straight unlike turning sideways.... You see something i dont??
There's really only two things* I don't like about the Panther... ok 3.

1) The name.

2) Powered by Honda. I hate the whiny underpowered no torques Honda engines (in their vehicles... Their small motors are BEAST!) and the people who go ape $#!+ over Hondas seem to always be like the guys in that jeep-esque thing. Dude-Bro douches who chest bump for putting a B22 head on a B18 core because it gave them an extra 15 hp bringing them up to a grand total of 45hp and now it only takes them 35 seconds to hit 60 instead of the factory time of 75 seconds.

3) The price. For that $155,000 I could get the Alfa in that video I posted, the Gibbs, and a Pick-up Truck, and still have enough left over to fill all of them up with gas.

*these are just my observations. All that I have said aside I wouldn't mind getting a Honda EG hatchback, dropping in a blown, stroked, forced Chevy 350 engine and converting it to AWD and absolutely DOMINATING the Honda race world.

WW watch the vid again. The wheels dont tilt like the atv, but they pull up into the wheel well to avoid drag. Every car boat I have seen had to do that to avoid drag. Well if they wanted to move at any speed anyway.

Looking pretty good, WW. You might consider rounding off the back of the pommel for ergonomic reasons a bit more; just a thought. You don't see that many knives with that abrupt a transition in that spot. Wait til you get a variable speed 2x72 with a good motor to work with though, if you think that makes it easy. Start saving up; I've still got my money on you getting hooked by the knifemaking bug.

Thanks man!! Im hooked already :D I got to move first, but after that a good variable speed will be on the TOP of my get list!! I need to go ahead and get a ceramic platen put on this one for now though. I can already see it would help.

And do you mean something like this?

15092816649_0a217160e2.jpg

There's really only two things* I don't like about the Panther... ok 3.

1) The name.

2) Powered by Honda. I hate the whiny underpowered no torques Honda engines (in their vehicles... Their small motors are BEAST!) and the people who go ape $#!+ over Hondas seem to always be like the guys in that jeep-esque thing. Dude-Bro douches who chest bump for putting a B22 head on a B18 core because it gave them an extra 15 hp bringing them up to a grand total of 45hp and now it only takes them 35 seconds to hit 60 instead of the factory time of 75 seconds.

3) The price. For that $155,000 I could get the Alfa in that video I posted, the Gibbs, and a Pick-up Truck, and still have enough left over to fill all of them up with gas.

*these are just my observations. All that I have said aside I wouldn't mind getting a Honda EG hatchback, dropping in a blown, stroked, forced Chevy 350 engine and converting it to AWD and absolutely DOMINATING the Honda race world.

WW watch the vid again. The wheels dont tilt like the atv, but they pull up into the wheel well to avoid drag. Every car boat I have seen had to do that to avoid drag. Well if they wanted to move at any speed anyway.

Ah.... I see, i thought you were meaning it turns them sideways... I gets it now :D

Dub-Dubz, you are coming right along with that grinder! Looks like you're having fun! I do like that blade profile.

I think personally I'd make the handle just a hair thinner but if that is comfortable for you HAVE AT IT! It's awesome to see everyone getting into this kind of stuff.

Dub-Dubz, you are coming right along with that grinder! Looks like you're having fun! I do like that blade profile.

I think personally I'd make the handle just a hair thinner but if that is comfortable for you HAVE AT IT! It's awesome to see everyone getting into this kind of stuff.

Thanks man, the handle WILL be a little bit thinner. Thats just what i did with the grinder, i plan to use files to finish the handle off, i was worried id accidentally remove too much metal with the grinder so once i got close to the line i stopped.

Ill be grabbing some dremel bits SOON. They would help a bunch on the rounded corners and stuff. Dykem is on the list too. Permanent marker wears off way too easy. The more i go the more i find out i need MORE stuff LMAO

Thanks man, the handle WILL be a little bit thinner. Thats just what i did with the grinder, i plan to use files to finish the handle off, i was worried id accidentally remove too much metal with the grinder so once i got close to the line i stopped.

Ill be grabbing some dremel bits SOON. They would help a bunch on the rounded corners and stuff. Dykem is on the list too. Permanent marker wears off way too easy. The more i go the more i find out i need MORE stuff LMAO
If you have a less aggressive belt you could probably slip that on and it wouldn't remove as much of the metal when working on the grinder. Just a thought.

If you have a less aggressive belt you could probably slip that on and it wouldn't remove as much of the metal when working on the grinder. Just a thought.

Yep, i have less aggressive belts than the one i used on the profile... But they ALL still go faster than a file... I dont have any more steel to play with, so im trying my best to get as much practice and fun out of these 2 knives as i can without ruining them.... I'll save ruining them for when i get to putting on the bevels LOL :D

I meant start the curve farther up the back of the handle (by about an inch looks right to me, honestly). Doesn't need a whole lot taken off, just a gentle curvature along the handle instead of a straight line.

I meant start the curve farther up the back of the handle (by about an inch looks right to me, honestly). Doesn't need a whole lot taken off, just a gentle curvature along the handle instead of a straight line.

OK, ill play around with it a bit, drawing it on the blade, and see what i think. I kinda like it with the straight handle though so i dont want to change it too much. Just a little curvature towards the bottom may be good though.

Thanks.

Looking good worldwood!!

Thanks brother!!

I removed the plastic cover and cut the work table on the right side to make it easy to change the belts. Im still using the lower belt guard, but i just have to loosen it a bit and the belts fit through. Much easier than taking everything apart each time i want to change belts.

15280205292_f14453cb2f.jpg

OK, ill play around with it a bit, drawing it on the blade, and see what i think. I kinda like it with the straight handle though so i dont want to change it too much. Just a little curvature towards the bottom may be good though.

Thanks.

Thanks brother!!

I removed the plastic cover and cut the work table on the right side to make it easy to change the belts. Im still using the lower belt guard, but i just have to loosen it a bit and the belts fit through. Much easier than taking everything apart each time i want to change belts.

15280205292_f14453cb2f.jpg

You'll find all kinds of ways to modify your grinder after you get a feel for it and figure out the things you want to do with it. One thing you will do before to long most likely is cut about half of that platen off so you can do some slack belt work. Don't ask me how I know this.

You'll find all kinds of ways to modify your grinder after you get a feel for it and figure out the things you want to do with it. One thing you will do before to long most likely is cut about half of that platen off so you can do some slack belt work. Don't ask me how I know this.

I already want to cut the platen...I was literally just down there cursing that thing HAHA.. I cant get close enough to the sides of the belt to go around corners because the platen is in the way, and the platen runs too high to really go above it comfortably.

I also really need to figure out how to get even plunge lines. I screwed up the little one a bit... Im hoping i can blend it in some so it doesnt look as bad... Trying to FFG it and its being a pain in the ass :D I also managed to grind the tip too thin and lost the very tip.

Its definitely a learning experience LMAO

15282226902_78e361646a.jpg

Lookin' good WW!

Thanks... But i screwed it all up :grumpy:

I need to figure out how to do the plunge lines better and more evenly, and practice applying the same amount of pressure the entire time. I manged to grind the tip too thin and lost the very tip, not much of it, but enough to teach me to be careful how thin im going. And i didnt realize i was using different amounts of pressure but i guess i must have been.

The spine tapers from .111 down to around .020 at whats left of the tip

The edge starts off at .022 then goes up around .050 after about an inch then it drops all the way down to .015 at whats left of the tip

nice work, WW.
drop the spine a bit to meet the new 'tip and you'll be golden. FFG is hard. Modified FFG is easier (sabre).
You'll often make a different knife then you planned at the beginning. Accept this and you will have a lot of fun. Don't ask how I know. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back