SK Blades 2019 Lineup: >> 212 Shipping Now <<

Tecate

Gold Member
Received an email with the below projects SK Blades is working on this year:
- An Aluminum Bolster, Screw Together 110 in Premium Steel
- A 212 in D2 and Micarta
- A Buck Slim with Pocket Clip and Thumb Stud, Premium Steel
- A 112 LT "little brother" to the Smoke Jumper 110 LT in CPM-154
- A "modern" 301, Similar to the Forum Knife with either Ironwood or Jigged Bone

I'll take one of each and a dozen of the screw together 110 with premium steel please. :D

some great stuff as usual.

only wish the screwed together aluminum 110 had a pocket clip and thumb stud. one hand opening. I'd be all over it, might be anyways, but bringing some modern features in and not all I'm half and half on myself

that said the buck slim upgraded steel in a 110, I'll be adding. highly prefer a drop point option but either way.

The 212 and the 301 will be ordered for sure, and probably a 112 lt to go along with them!

some great stuff as usual.

only wish the screwed together aluminum 110 had a pocket clip and thumb stud. one hand opening. I'd be all over it, might be anyways, but bringing some modern features in and not all I'm half and half on myself

that said the buck slim upgraded steel in a 110, I'll be adding. highly prefer a drop point option but either way.

My aluminum framed 110 from C&C has become my most commonly carried knife.

BUT... I carry vertically in my right rear pocket. IMO, the aluminum 110 is the ideal rear pocket knife and a clip would just get tossed in the bin and the screw holes would destroy the perfect lines of the knife (IMO).

Honestly, running seams up the side of my rear pockets has been the best knife related things I've done in several decades. More discrete, more comfortable, and easier to access compared to either front pocket with a clip or on the belt with a holster.

My aluminum framed 110 from C&C has become my most commonly carried knife.

BUT... I carry vertically in my right rear pocket. IMO, the aluminum 110 is the ideal rear pocket knife and a clip would just get tossed in the bin and the screw holes would destroy the perfect lines of the knife (IMO).

Honestly, running seams up the side of my rear pockets has been the best knife related things I've done in several decades. More discrete, more comfortable, and easier to access compared to either front pocket with a clip or on the belt with a holster.
I can see that. it doesnt work for me. my wallet is too wide side to side of pocket and too thin to keep it upright and knife is too thick fall over and I tried it years ago and found it not useful at all. I can see how some might like it though. i prefer the clip. I expect you'll get what you want though from sk.:)

I can see that. it doesnt work for me. my wallet is too wide side to side of pocket and too thin to keep it upright and knife is too thick fall over and I tried it years ago and found it not useful at all. I can see how some might like it though. i prefer the clip. I expect you'll get what you want though from sk.:)

Not advocating just clarifying...

I don't rely on a wallet, folded bandana nor rear pocket sheath (all common approaches) to keep my knife vertical and to the outside of the pocket (so I can sit without feeling it). Instead, I use a sewing machine to sew a 3" seam about an inch and a half from the outer edge. It's an idea I got out of an old camping tips and tricks book (the author preferred an OT6).

When I carried a wallet, I carried on my weak side which was more natural for me - hold the wallet in the weak hand and get stuff out with my strong hand. When I moved to a money clip, I kept the money clip on the weak side.

Again, I'm not advocating for rear pocket carry nor my particular approach. I readily admit I'm one of 7 people in the world willing to go through the hassle of modifying his pants for his knives and I don't recommend that SK, C&C or Buck make knives for people like me...

But really... the AL 110 just my favorite and this is why.

Not advocating just clarifying...

I don't rely on a wallet, folded bandana nor rear pocket sheath (all common approaches) to keep my knife vertical and to the outside of the pocket (so I can sit without feeling it). Instead, I use a sewing machine to sew a 3" seam about an inch and a half from the outer edge. It's an idea I got out of an old camping tips and tricks book (the author preferred an OT6).

When I carried a wallet, I carried on my weak side which was more natural for me - hold the wallet in the weak hand and get stuff out with my strong hand. When I moved to a money clip, I kept the money clip on the weak side.

Again, I'm not advocating for rear pocket carry nor my particular approach. I readily admit I'm one of 7 people in the world willing to go through the hassle of modifying his pants for his knives and I don't recommend that SK, C&C or Buck make knives for people like me...

But really... the AL 110 just my favorite and this is why.
yep I got that . yoube talked about it before. was just clarifying I'm not gonna sew my pants pocket that way and I dont find back pocket carry useful for me for the reasons I stated. too each their own. I'll take a pocket clip or belt sheath everytime.

Back