Sleeping with your knife!

I keep a 9-11 Bowie, Fallkniven Modern Bowie, and an old Cold Steel Recon Tanto on a table next to our bed. In a pulled out drawer if my 40 S&W and Taurus Judge, and in the corner is my 12 gauge pump with extended magazine tube. My wife has a Mossberg 12 gauge by her side of the bed. As we don't have any children around they are readily available.

I’ve got a Whiskey Warden, Park Ranger, Benchmade Griptilian, Tacops 1911, and a Glock 19 on top of my nightstand and a DS8 in the first drawer, with a Kimber K6s.

Edit: ok I just walked over to my nightstand to look at everything and forgot about the custom shop Mentor, Carothers EDC 2, Chris Reeve Sebenza 25, and a Lionsteel SR1A.

Last edited:
Sleep with, no. But a BB13, HOG B8 (long clip) and a Pork Chop are nearby.

I don’t currently do that. I do have other “fun surprise defensive implements” close at hand. Thanks for the blade tip. I will add that soon. As I certainly have enough to spread around the house.

I've fallen asleep with my knives so many times.. been cut several times to.. usually a bump cut rather than a slice. An usually during a good dream:mad:... really kills the mood

I'm surprised there wasn't one BattleMistress pun in this thread yet.
Do you sleep with your Mistress? ;):D
When in bed, I always have one within reach. :)
I know, some of you are wondering what does she wear, if anything? :eek:
Well, you have to wait to see until I post a photo! :D

Here she is, with & without clothes. :eek::D
DSC_0788.JPG
DSC_0785.JPG

She's old and not as pretty as she used to be, but I'm keeping her! :)
This is an early 1/300 SHBM, with the factory sheath.

Last edited:
I sleep with my woman, a G19 w/TLR7 and 2 akitas. Woe be on any who think they can screw with my family while I sleep. Probably don't even need the gun.

I also have an AR in a corner, and a bunch of other weapons around. If I get down to knives, something has gone terribly wrong as I've got over 100 rounds loaded in guns within reach at any given time.

Last edited:
Do you guys think it'll be okay to have a knife on my belt when I sleep? I don't need to get comfy to sleep, (I usually just wear whatever I happened to be wearing at night time). I'm a light sleeper and was told I don't move around much. I bought a Kabar TDI because I like it's design and size so I can conceal it better as I go on with my day. My living situation is that I live with a roommate and we share a room, I don't want to have to leave my knife and wallet around so I'd like to always sleep with them and have them on me at all times. Back to my question should I sleep with my kabar tdi clipped to my belt/pants as I sleep?

I do it all the time.... problem is..most my knives still have no sheathes. :eek:
But ya I fall asleep with my guns and knives.

Back