Sliciest Spydercos

In my mind, any of the flat ground Spydies are slicey. Especially compared to most other manufacturers. Even the Military, PM2 and Para 3 are slicey. The flat grind combined with that distal taper works great

I don't know about the thinnest, but out of my collection it's the pm2.

I have a southard that I reprofiled, a lot. Very wide bevel. You'd be surprised how well it slices.

For me an EDC can be called on for many things so I don’t necessarily need anything more slicey than my PM2. It takes a great edge, the shape cuts really well through anything I have needed it to, and the handle fits my hand well which allows me to use it with confidence.

Sliciest Spyderco ever ;) is my zero-grind mirrored-blade Pacific Salt

XXiWd4A.jpg

For me in the ones I have owned. The Bill Moran drop point has always been a slicer. And the full flat ground Native

Not one mention of the Resilience? The longest bladed currently available Spyderco folder, and a fairly lean (for a production knife) .020" behind the edge on tall bladed a full flat grind. It is an amazing slicer out of the box, let alone after it gets reground.

View attachment 1952130
Totally agree. I recently purchased a Resilience and it is super slicey. It's a cardboard slayer and goes through newsprint effortlessly.

So the Police 4 LW is noticably slicier than my Military, to the point where the Police gets more pocket time despite being less expensive. Hate to say it but sliciness has become a factor if a knife stays or goes for me haha

Last edited:
So the Police 4 LW is noticably slicier than my Military, to the point where the Police gets more pocket time despite being less expensive. Hate to say it but sliciness has become a factor if a knife stays or goes for me haha
Perfectly understandable. I'm carrying a Sage 2 instead of a Sebenza for 3 reasons, and one of them is slicing ability.

If you like truly slicky blades then forget about the pocket carry Spyderco knives and look at Spyderco's great kitchen knives. They will out cut anything else Spyderco makes in my opinion. And the dragon lady loves them which is great if you are a serious knife fan and want to keep her happy with your knife collecting!!

The original Pacific Salt is a better slicer than I thought it'd be, thin slicing a ripe tomato today was super easy probably because of the hollow sabre grind as opposed to a flat sabre grind. Also, H1 steel can get wicked sharp I kinda like it so far acidic tomatoes and salty steaks are no match for it washing the blade or not. Don't know why it gets so much hate but then again I don't go on cardboard slicing marathons and do touch up my blades regularly on ceramic.

Last edited:
I don't know which Spydero is the "sliciest" but my DragonFly in Superblue and SUS410 laminate is pretty thin and slices through material pretty well.

Back