• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Slim Hunter: Cocobol and O1

Here's a slim hunter, might even qualify as a bird and trout pattern.
Blade is 1/8" O1
Blade length:3.5"
Overall Length:7.5"
Scales are Cocobolo, finished with Danish Oil. The pictures don't show the contouring very well, but I guess thats what I get for using a scanner. Handle fills your hand pretty well, fairly thick with a slight taper towards the front.
Pins and thong hole are brass.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Asking $80 for this one. I'll try to make the sheath to your specs (carry method) but it will have to be kydex. Shipping is on me with within continental U.S.

I'm gonna knock this one down to $80 with sheath as part of the "Matt needs a real grinder" sale :D

The craftsman bench grinder is being retired. I just ordered a belt grinder. Now I'm trying to make room in the shop which means putting the tools back in the bench. That means this thing needs to get OUT of the bench :D

Knocking it down to $80 with sheath :eek:

The pictures really don't do the handle justice, and I hadn't sharpened it yet in the pictures, so the point will be sharper and the edge will be evened out and all that :cool:

What grinder did you get? I luze my KMG. I want a slack belt platen for it though. Maybe I can make one??

Email sent Bishop

Brian, I'm gonna get a Coote. Haven't gotten confirmation on it yet, but thats what I'm planning on. I'd love a KMG but I just can't afford that right now. The coote will be a huge improvement over an 8" benchgrinder and all that damn hand sanding :eek:

Quicksilver,
I think I talked to you through email earlier today. If not, please get in touch with me, your address isn't listed :D

Thanks for the nice comments one2gofst :)

For anyone else, sale is pending on this one but thanks for looking :cool:

Thanks Jerid
It usually takes at least a second look, but folks seem to like it once they figure it out :D

I think the whole package is fantastic, the design, the file work, the focus, the price, it's all together.
I wouldn't mind talking about having one made for me.

Dale Baxter
www.baxterknives.com

Danbo

Platinum Member
Now, get to work on that other one. You know you have some even nicer cocobolo to use. ;) :)

Thanks a million guys :D
This thread has been pretty surprising, when I posted this knife in the gallery section nobody said anything.
I do have some really nice cocobolo too thanks to Danbo. If my grinder would just show up I'd be in hog heaven :D