Small EDC flashlight recommendations

I carry a Fenix E11.

It uses a single AA battery, and output is 115lm on high, and 35lm on low.

Great light for EDC, and reasonably priced.

001_zpsf88bc511.jpg

002_zps7a8f0e2a.jpg

my always in pocket light is a fenix E01 but it is a twist on A have a $15 energizer aluminumn light that uses 1 AA and is push button switch that has been reliable too

Plunk down the $200 and wait a couple months like I did and get an HDS Clicky Tactical 200 lumen.

I didn't see the Maratac AAA Rev 3. I carry one everyday on my key chain in a Kydex holder. Slightly larger than the AAA battery that runs it. The first one was great and the second and third revisions got even better.

http://www.countycomm.com/aaa.html

The diffuser works well too!

Eagletac D25a reg one is about $50 Ti about $70, I have a bunch of lights from fenix, eagletac, nitecore, crelant, olight and a few others. The one I grab 95% of the time is my eagletac d25a clicky. With a reg alkaline aa it's almost 200 lumen on high and you can turbo charge them to almost 500 lumens with a lithium ion 14500 battery.
It's the titanium one in the middle.
FBBE029B-3DA7-45AA-A2E9-5A3706DDB2FE-73186-0000A17F33676ECF_zps22b14da6.jpg

Nitecore recently came out with a new tactical series light, the SRT3. I haven't been on CandlePower for a while so I don't know what the community thinks of it, but it sounds promising from the product page. It is a small light that takes 1 CR123 but also comes with an extension tube to accommodate a single AA.

http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=87#.UttiAbSIZaQ

I had this on my watch list until I saw a sale on the Surefire E2D LED Defender Ultra and picked up the Surefire instead.

My pocket carry is a duet and on my key chain: a Fenix E01 and a Photon Freedom Micro, in its carrier, with its neck lanyard wrapped around it. This gives me backup or an extra light to hand to another. I live in a highly urban area. My pocket light must be dependable, long lived and give enough illumination to get me out of a blacked out building/stairwell/tunnel. I have no need for more than ~ 30 lumens. This duo does the trick, at a good price.

Eagletac D25a reg one is about $50 Ti about $70, I have a bunch of lights from fenix, eagletac, nitecore, crelant, olight and a few others. The one I grab 95% of the time is my eagletac d25a clicky. With a reg alkaline aa it's almost 200 lumen on high and you can turbo charge them to almost 500 lumens with a lithium ion 14500 battery.
It's the titanium one in the middle.
FBBE029B-3DA7-45AA-A2E9-5A3706DDB2FE-73186-0000A17F33676ECF_zps22b14da6.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pictures. I wondered how that olight penlight shaped up against the streamlight stylus pro. How does the switch compare to the Stylus Pro? I like the long travel on the Stylus Pro switch, it doesn't turn itself on in my pocket like the Fenix penlight I have.

I was (am) a flashlight junkie long before I got into knives, guns and MTs. For a long time now, my primary EDC light has been the Streamlight Protac 2xAAA. It makes a ton of light, has plenty of usable runtime, a strobe function (which I really like), and is very easy to pocket.

[youtube]5f9LxxwVONI[/youtube]

I'd look at the SureFire and Fenix lines if cost is not a big issue. I tend to use much less expensive high intensity flash lights personally. I tend to lmisplace them from time to time and as a result, like to keep the size up a bit and the numbers more so I can always find one. I do like the small mag flashlights. They do tend to get hot.

In my book the best AA flashlight out there is the zebralight sc52, you can run it on any aa battery you'd like including a rechargeable 14500 (which gives you around 500L for the first minute before it steps down). Comes with a beautiful UI, good luck in your quest.

olight t10 with an optional t15 tube gives a choice of cr123a or aa.one is my edc.

The Fenix E11 is an awesome little light. One AA battery 115 lumens (really bright for a AA battery), nicely focussed beam and the battery lasts a long time.
I have to agree with other posts though that CR123 LED lights can be smaller and way more powerful.

I have a Streamlight Stylus Pro on the way from Amazon :D excellent light, 2x AAA, pocket clip, clicky, just right for me, it wà only $22, give it a try :)

Klarus has a great AAA light, X6, but it has an even smaller light, the Klarus Mi 5 AAAA, yep, AAAA. Only comes in a gold colored body. I'm thinking of getting one.

Back