small fighter

The Disciple and Clinch Pick from www.shivworks.com, the Fällkniven G1 Garm Fighter, SOG Pentagon, and this David Mosier custom:

MosierTAC-1.jpg

To me, the best will be the small pikal knife I have on order - it's a one-of-a-kind though, so you probably don't care about that too much. :D

I was gonna say Mike Tyson, but he is way past his peak.

Oh, kniiives ... ya might give a Fred Perrin La Griffe a look.

But it does depend on your own style, of course. Train first, pick a knife that supports your training after.

Esav Benyamin said:
Oh, kniiives ... ya might give a Fred Perrin La Griffe a look.

Oh yeah, the La Griffe is the best very small fighter. :)

Here's a pic that shows mine with some other production fighters I own, including the SOG I mentioned above (the dagger, bottom right) and another knife you might want to consider if you're looking for a low budget option: the CRKT/Ryan Plan B ("For Those Who Serve" edition).

6productionfixedblades.jpg

I think this gives you a bit of a size comparison for the La Griffe.
The three other knives are, form top to bottom, an Ontario Frontiersman, a Cold Steel OSS and a Camillus CQB-3.

I have an old Gerber Guardian and my last purchase is a Junglee Baby Hattori,iam interested if people choose a double edge blade or single?

Quiet Storm said:
Oh yeah, the La Griffe is the best very small fighter. :)
That's an Emerson la Griffe. Fred makes some that size and some a bit larger, and his are straight-edge, not hawksbills.

90 mm blade:
F088.jpg

Quiet Storm said:
The Disciple and Clinch Pick from www.shivworks.com, the Fällkniven G1 Garm Fighter, SOG Pentagon, and this David Mosier custom:

Nice!

To me, the best will be the small pikal knife I have on order - it's a one-of-a-kind though, so you probably don't care about that too much. :D

I'm planning on doing my own pakal custom at some point, and the blade design I had in mind is identical to what you ended up with! Completely different handle concept though. Looking forward to what you end up with.

Hey Joe, I'm looking forward to seeing your design. :)

Esav Benyamin said:
That's an Emerson la Griffe.

Oh, I really should've read your post more thoroughly.
Personally, I prefer the EKI version to the Perrin La Griffes I've seen for back-up purposes. Most of those custom La Griffes sure seem to be a good choice for a slightly larger fighter.

I have a tommy lee designed paragon single edged boot knife, which is one of my favorite fixed blade carry knives.

Hell, a sword feels "small" when your fightin for your life!
Anything under 5" is just gonna make your opponent angrier!

My favorite "small fighter" is my Cold Steel 6" stainless "new-style" Tanto.

I have been interested in a Nimravus cub but in a black finish they would seem more like a offensive weapon than a defensive weapon.

TAPIR said:
I have been interested in a Nimravus cub but in a black finish they would seem more like a offensive weapon than a defensive weapon.

there was a small amount of satin finished 440c cubs made for Moteng shop.

edited:
Btw could you define what does small exactly mean? ;) Benchmade Gamer after customization (made by fellow forumite Seiken) is quite good for me:

gamer4se.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

This is my last try to post a pic.
Here are a couple of small ones but I would rather fight with a big one!

Attachments

• bokerboot.jpg
    bokerboot.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2more.jpg
    2more.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 50
Back