Small Inkosi Lockup Adjusted by CRK

Did you have any blade play with the lock up? I just unboxed a brand new small inkosi (with the groove) and i can get a very small amount of up and down play out of it and the blade is off center and I cannot for the life of me get it to center perfectly with the few tricks I know. does anyone think I have to let the lock wear in to get rid of the play?

Did you have any blade play with the lock up? I just unboxed a brand new small inkosi (with the groove) and i can get a very small amount of up and down play out of it and the blade is off center and I cannot for the life of me get it to center perfectly with the few tricks I know. does anyone think I have to let the lock wear in to get rid of the play?

There was no blade play at all. It was quite solid and still is. I also have large and small Inkosi's with the ball groove and they are rock solid.

Yours must have a damaged washer or something more serious. Note there is almost always blade play when the lock is disengaged to accommodate the clearance around the pivot. Sounds like a trip to the factory is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I think I figured it out, part of the stop pin is resting on the washer on the lock side instead of fully seated in the frame, Seems the washer shifted slightly during assembly, I'm gonna tear it down tomorrow and hopefully that does the trick

I would hate to have to send a brand new knife in for warranty work fresh out of the box

I think I figured it out, part of the stop pin is resting on the washer on the lock side instead of fully seated in the frame, Seems the washer shifted slightly during assembly, I'm gonna tear it down tomorrow and hopefully that does the trick

I would hate to have to send a brand new knife in for warranty work fresh out of the box

Hope it works too.

Hope it works too.

It worked, centering isn't perfect but it's very very close, no play now. I was concerned because I decided to sell off most of my customs and get back into crk and I'm now glad that I did, looking forward to getting back what I once had

I know this is an old thread but, figured it was better to ask here than make a new thread. Just curious what the actual lock bar engagement should be? Is the second picture optimal or still a bit too much / little? Is this something that will wear over time and increase?

My new small Inkosi also has about 90% lockup like in the first picture... when the blade is closed I can see via the tang marks the ceramic ball travels slightly over 50%. With additional pressure on the lock bar I cannot push it further, so still a couple mm before it would touch the opposite scale. Whether I open often softly or flick it harder seems not to impact how deeply it opens, when the lock snaps into place it seems to do it robustly, always. My blade is locked in solid when opened.

My Umnumzaam with a similar design is different in that if I open softly the lock bar may go 40% but if I snap things or push on the bar I can move it over towards 75%. The mark on the tang shows about 50% travel.

At this point, considering lifetime warranty, unless performance is hindered I think I’ll let it ride.

Back