• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

small scale heat treat and blank production

timos-

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello,

Please send me an email if you are interested. I have been heat treating oil hardening steel as well as stainless steels.
Blank production consists of pre drilled, heat treated and partially ground ground blades ready for you to finish grind and handle the way you want.
I am a small operation looking for extra work. I do this stuff by hand, no cnc, laser, or water jet.
my equipment, VFD 2"x72" grinder and VFD disc, variety of drilling and reaming capability, evenheat kiln, parks 50 or plate quench. deep freezer , no ln2 just yet.
email is tim@blackstoneknife.com

Last edited:
I’m a basement shop hobbyist knife maker with a okay setup. I had timos- timos- recently heat treat me a pile of 8670 that I had profiled months ago and stalled on.
He got them done in a timely fashion and communication was good.
I ground out one piece and tested it out very pleased with edge holding and toughness.
So if your looking to just to get a small amount of steel processed as I was as a hobbyist without equipment or no how. Hit him up. IMG_0910.jpeg

Back