Smoke for...well, smoke

Steely_Gunz

Got the Khukuri fevah
Hey all, I can't type for long, but I could use any extra smoke and well wishes that you could spare for the next couple of days.

Last night, there was a small but expensive fire at my office early this morning. Luckily, thank God, no one was hurt and structurally, we are OK. My laptop survived the smoke and no khuks or other sharp and pointies were damaged either;) The fire basically made a hell of a mess and burned up a chunk of stuff in the warehouse. I have to meet with the investigators this morning.

We're insured, no one was harmed, and damage was pretty manageable. We're lucky for that. However, we could use a little smoke in the next coming weeks while we pick up the pieces. I'll still be around online, but not as much as I was through the day until we get the power back on.

Thanks so much.

smoke_logo.jpg

Jake, glad it wasn't worse, and of course, that nobody was hurt.

Mike

Obama for American Idol. McCain for President.

Last edited:

tsf

Fires suck. Went thru one at my house. Prayers from Texas. Glad it no one was hurt and damage limited.
Tery

Sorry to hear about the fire, Jake. Glad no one was injured. Stuff can be replaced, although I'm sure dealing with the aftermath is a royal pain. Hope you can get back to normal soon. ~Good smoke to replace the bad smoke~.

Eric

Yangdu

himimp@aol.com Himalayan Imports-Owner
Smoke and from Biggest Little City in the World

Of course.

All the smoke you need ... and just a little bit more, going up from VA. :thumbup:

Steely_Gunz

Got the Khukuri fevah
Thanks so much, ladies and gentlemen. It really means a lot. We still don't have the "whole" picture, but early investigation points to 3 points at which the fire was set...yes, set. NOT started.

It looks like someone started the fire on purpose. They also cleaned out the cash drawer. The good news, we aren't dealing with the criminal element's best and brightest. They hit the store on Sunday night/monday morning. They made off with maybe 80 bucks. They were too stupid to go looking for the safe or even to steal the laptop out of my office...not to mention probably 1000 bucks worth of khuks. Someone out there must like me in that regard;) However, we think that it might have been someone who was familiar with the layout of the building.

As of right now, we are probably going to have the storefront up and running 100% in two weeks. The downside is that there was more substantial damage done to the warehouse than we thought by looking at it. The builder of our building estimates the damage could be close to $500,000. It got hot enough in there to bow one of the steel I-beams about 3". We have no timeframe for those repairs. We're insured for it, but it still doesn't make it much fun.

In short, it obviously ain't great. However, it could have been a lot worse. We have a lot of work and a lot of waiting (which is the worst part), but we'll get by.

Thanks so very much for your thoughts. I'm blessed to know you all.:D:thumbup:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, hope you didn't lose any heirloom sentimental artifacts. Most of the rest of the stuff is just wallpaper.

munk