Snarking after the gathering CHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was told it was for skinning N8....i asked about the jimping on the tip too, that's what trade told me anyways...he then called me a poser dumbass...and i cried

Last edited:
GB, your inbox is full.

yeah that chopper looks like a hatchet replacement at least. KInda gives the impression that it'd chop as well as a 12-13" axe but be usefull for a couple othe things to.

Gentleman, we'll be putting up a thread on it soon. Probably in the handmade area.

Is there an official date for the Fall Gathering yet?

When I asked Ethan this weekend, he said that it would probably be sometime around September but he hadn't nailed down the dates because of other events that are going on around that same time.

Is the fall gathering going to be at Ethans?

Side Note: Should I get Noxon metal polish (carried by Menerds) for stropping? It seems a little runny. What polish or compound do yall use?

Side Note: Should I get Noxon metal polish (carried by Menerds) for stropping? It seems a little runny. What polish or compound do yall use?

Because im too cheap to buy real stropping compound I use flitz. It works good to.

I'm pretty fond of "flexcut gold" -- it was developed for stropping wood carving tools.

I'm using BRKT black and green. If I had to start with one, I'd go with green to get the fine polished edge.

Is there an official date for the Fall Gathering yet?

Nope, you won't hear even so much as a possible date until after E gets back from Argentina and gets over his cold from his Argentina trip.

Right now, we are looking at Blade as the next major hurdle, then, we will start to look at the Fall.

Moose

I use Mothers I havent tried other stuff but it works great and I all ready had it :)

Anyone notice things getting a little testy in the forum as of late? Must be the hot weather or something. People gettin all pissy with one another and it's kind of bumming me out.

I have a cure (or at least a remedy)...PUPPIES! Just got a few more updated pics of our new puppy from the breeder. She'll be coming home on Saturday!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Now then, if ya'll start feeling a little hot under the collar, just look at puppies and your world will get instantly better! :D

Whatever. I'm just playing...the cat fights entertain me...right up until the thread gets locked!

From the scandi thread that is now locked...

The way that opinion was presented was more negative than informative...but seems like that adding a scandi to a becker is not a popular opinion. So that question is answered.

My next thread will be about making micarta handles out of tampons.......

That was some funny crap there...+1 on the snark level....

snarky as hell. too much so.

derailed thread. warnings issued. next time: smiting

images

keep the FUN here. if someone is trying to have that serious thread? be serious. not picking on my greybush or anything. just sayin'. the mods have been working too much. we don't like it :)

2012-04-29200330.jpg

oh my yes :) that's looking purty sweet.

send one my way :)

THAT will actually give the best WSK i've ever seen and held a nice run for the money; that being the Koster WSK :) based on a real khukri concept (the pen knife, also by Koster and made infrequently by past HI masters of steel)

150058848_DZhWk-X2-1.jpg

in my opinion of course. haven't held the new WSK wonderbeast yet, but i want to...

now, imho again, the ORIGINAL tracker WSK by Mr Beck is a fine knife. the version TB claims to own is ... chunky :) i've seen slimmed down models, and they do better.

as well, esp Murph's design, reminds me of parangs and the once upon a time knives of Jensen Elite Blades. alas. never got one of those.

128905534_WjJ9h-O.jpg

good work!

Anyone notice things getting a little testy in the forum as of late? Must be the hot weather or something. People gettin all pissy with one another and it's kind of bumming me out.

I have a cure (or at least a remedy)...PUPPIES! Just got a few more updated pics of our new puppy from the breeder. She'll be coming home on Saturday!

i'm a big fan of cuteoverload.com

get some cute fuzzy animas :)

eat some too ;>

:D

Went on a nice hike, to our makeshift camp site and started working on building a hooch. Used my bk9 a lot :) Came home and remembered the DQ blizzard I stashed in the freezer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back