1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Snarktoberfest

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by DunkEm, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    It
    is indeed. I got other things as well. A Firestick for my projector, clothes, etc.

2. BRab

BRab

Nov 23, 2009
    I hope all you Beckerheads had a great Christmas! I just got back in town and found a box from Spark with a Machax I won in the forum giveaway from a while back. Hard to beat getting a free becker for Christmas, especially one I've never handled before.

tanglediver, Aikiguy and The Warrior like this.
  3. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    we topped out at 11F (-12c) today -- and it was pretty breezy.
    made the drive home feel longer than it really was at a shade under 4.5 hours.
    the pups were happy to see me/come inside.

the movie was OK - a little slow in spots, some good bits, and a few humorous moments.
    overall, no big surprises.
    I suspect it's going to be similar to the first trilogy -- a new hope was good and empire strikes back mostly set the stage for return of the jedi.
    force awakens was good and TLJ had its moments but overall feels like it was setting the stage for #9.

gmoneyluv likes this.
  4. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    warm day (30s), but now quite cold. brrr :D

gmoneyluv likes this.
  5. bush-haus

bush-haus Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2010
    In Dallas, I don't think we got over 38 degrees. Quite cold indeed! I wish we's get some snow though, it's been a few years since the mystical white stuff fell from the sky.

gmoneyluv likes this.
  6. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Yep, that's a pretty good surprise!

7. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
    educational gold

routers:

bandsaws:

wow - mind blown...

8. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    Merry Christmas all. While I'm thrilled the kids loved their Christmas, man am I glad the ordeal part of it is over. Well, it'll be over once the decorations are put away.

My daughter got me a KA-BAR Dozier neck knife and that folding Hunter they make that I can't keep mind off of. Good times.

Day 7 of my 12 days off, sent my wife off to work, got one sick kid and one healthy kid at home, not sure how this day is going to go. The three of us had planned to go sling some lead, that may have to wait a day or two now. Maybe just movies and chores around the homestead.

9. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Nice little haul there! I've heard good things about the Snugpak Jungle Blanket, it's been on my short list for a little while now. You'll have to let us know how you like it when you are able to put it to use.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was remarkably pleasant this year as this holiday is typically a breeding ground for my misanthropic inclinations... Everyone came out happy though and the Christmas dinner with accompanying beverages was most excellent.

I am looking forward to the new year.

The Warrior likes this.
  10. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Thanks. Not real sure what I'm going to do with the Snugpak just yet. I'm thinking about putting in my truck for now.

11. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I'm just happy that someone revived a 7 year old post. Magnets whoda thunk!!!!

12. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    I must research this snugpak blanket you speak of Warrior

tanglediver and The Warrior like this.
  13. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I just took it out of the compression sack a few minutes ago, for the first time. Very nice and light. Compresses down to 6x6 inches. Windproof, and water resistant. Temperature rating 45 degrees, low 36 degrees. Anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial as well.

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  14. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Wow @The Warrior that thing has killer good reviews. I put the XL one in my cart already. I'm 6'2" and like the extra length which is 90"

The Warrior likes this.
  15. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Yeah, I was aware there was a larger one. I too, am 6'2".

16. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Lol I just had a chuckle. This would make a great truck blanket. My wife buys everybody Snuggies for there vehicles every winter

The Warrior likes this.
  17. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    basically, the jungle blanket is an improved poncho liner -- windproof is a good thing.
    so is water resistant.

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  18. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    6x6 compression is a definite bonus also

The Warrior likes this.
  19. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
    looks like they make an XL one...

i have two of the rothco poncho liners, one is stored, one is deployed often for naps. it's VERY warm. wow. impressive.

given the cold snap, having a super blanket in the car might be good. i have my artic guide jacket in there, as well as a wool/poly half-moon poncho (rocks!)... but more is better.

got a new pair of Sorrel boots the other year or so; those still rock too. there's no temp i've been in where my feet were cold. course, it doesn't get much below -15 HERE usually... it's at least that 2 hours north of me. yup. stay warm.

Tanker 1/66 and The Warrior like this.
  20. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    17 degrees right now and have a 15 mph breeze from @Bladite direction. Weather channels says we reached the high temp for the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.