1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Snarktoberfest

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by DunkEm, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Sounds perfect! Any "after effects?"

2. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Bladite - that looks good!

Bladite likes this.
  3. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Where's the ice cream!!!!! Lol Nope I'm happy to report no adverse side (bottom) affects

Xr6x and gmoneyluv like this.
  4. bush-haus

bush-haus Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Woke up to 17 F this morning and won't be above freezing until Wednesday. That's darn cold for us rootin' tootin' Texans!

5. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    I was surprised when I woke up and it was -12° out. Still just 4°.

6. bush-haus

bush-haus Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Wow! I am afraid of how many appendages would fall off at that temp!

The Warrior likes this.
  7. dresnor

dresnor

Feb 1, 2011
    Haven't seen double digit temps in over a week besides negative double digits.

Jeremy

8. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Me neither, but I switched my weather app to celsius a while ago.

Side note, this is my 1000th post in the BK&T subforum. What is wrong with me?

9. Aikiguy

Aikiguy

Aug 28, 2013
    You obviously aren’t taking this posting business seriously enough...

10. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I hear ya man. I only have 17,216 posts here.

11. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    That's it? :D

12. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Yep, and these last ones have been building up very slowly. Used to be a fast paced place here. I think Ethan needs to tease us with a new, upcoming blade. ;)

13. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Was thinking of purchasing a propane heater for the cabin. Be nice to have something to turn on, as soon as you walk into a cold cabin. Was looking into a "ventless", but that's deceiving. Price is good, is about all. I would like to purchase a direct vent lp, but damn, they're pricey. Keep looking on Craigslist, I guess.

tanglediver likes this.
  14. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    My grandpa recently mentioned getting a couple dyna-glo heaters for the house and garage. I have never heard of them, but he seems to think they are pretty good.

The Warrior likes this.
  15. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Happy B-Day Tank Dawg!!

Bladite.....you.....

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  16. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Picked up a single head Mr Heater for my nephews ice fishing shack. It has 3 different BTU outputs. But I forgot what they are. He loves it out in the garage and the ice shack.

The Warrior likes this.
  17. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Was checking out both of these brands. These are what I was interested in, as the price was right, until I found out they kill the oxygen in the air. From what I've been reading, they are dangerous. The "cheaper" ones I'm interested now, the direct vent models, start in the $500-600 range, up to a few thousand. I'll just stick with the wood heat. The wood heat works great, but I was looking for something to heat it until the wood got going good, or, of course, if I ran out of wood, a back up heat source.

Xr6x likes this.
  18. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    @Bladite, this has me enormously intrigued! The few times I have had the occasion to sip Bruichladdich have been memorably pleasant, but none of them were of this particular type and vintage. I have never heard of an "unpeated" Islay, dare I say, Sacrilege?!

In all seriousness, I'd love to hear your tasting notes on this. I might have to educate myself on the nature of unpeated Islays.... Seems like an oxymoron.

19. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Ugh, no kidding. I've literally inherited my former partner's bottle of Bruichladdich (different variety). :(

Bladite likes this.
  20. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    for short term and/or supplemental heat, they're fine -- especially since I suspect your cabin isn't totally air-tight.
    the mr heater blue flame units even have a "low o2" shut-off switch.
    turn it on, get the cabin heating up while you haul stuff in and fire up the wood stove, then turn it back off.

Tanker 1/66 and The Warrior like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.