Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the good old US of A! Kind of stinks I missed the gathering. It looks like it was a blast (like it is every time). I will have to start getting out more and posting some good pics. Maybe I can find some camp sites in the Netherlands. I only have a week back and then it's off again.

I'm kind of jealous - you're relatively close to the Nordic Beckerheads, depending on how much longer you're there you should try for a meetup/mini-gathering.

Thinking about modding me 14. I did some mock ups in the ol GIMPer that I liked. Which one though, hmmm...

A guy at church had deer management tags for four does so I got to take the oldest son out and start rifle season a month early. Hot as blazes in the blind. 87 degrees outside and quite a bit more in the blind. No deer spotted until sunset. Finally, 10 minutes before shooting hours ended, he got and took a shot on a doe. Awesome vital organ placement. She ran just a bit and laid down and died. Gutted her in the dark using the headlights of the quad and a flashlight. Now waiting for the deer sausage to be ready!

So for the lack of pics. There wasn't much to see until it was too dark for my phone to take anything decent. And we were in a rush to get to the processor.

A guy at church had deer management tags for four does so I got to take the oldest son out and start rifle season a month early. Hot as blazes in the blind. 87 degrees outside and quite a bit more in the blind. No deer spotted until sunset. Finally, 10 minutes before shooting hours ended, he got and took a shot on a doe. Awesome vital organ placement. She ran just a bit and laid down and died. Gutted her in the dark using the headlights of the quad and a flashlight. Now waiting for the deer sausage to be ready!

So for the lack of pics. There wasn't much to see until it was too dark for my phone to take anything decent. And we were in a rush to get to the processor.

Thatโ€™s great! Congrats to your son!

Thinking about modding me 14. I did some mock ups in the ol GIMPer that I liked. Which one though, hmmm...
straight clip

congrats to your boy!

straight clip
No, but I have mocked up a straight clip before.

clip14.png

maybe only half that much drop?
I've done a sheepsfoot mod -- that worked pretty well.
I actually just did that one, as I couldn't find the other I did. So many ways to do a clip. One of the recent ones I did was a sheepsfoot. The one I like is more of a drop/spear point.

Thatโ€™s great! Congrats to your son!

congrats to your boy!

Thanks. It was kind of bonus great because he got to use his .308 that he got for High School graduation in May and has been practicing with ever since. And it was only his second ever deer.

And FWIW, he cleaned it with a BK16. It stayed sharp through the whole process - even after he used it to break through the pelvis bone. Since it was only his second to clean, and it was dark, it looked like a murder scene, but he's learning and did a pretty decent job.

Got some time with my best friend, basically a brother, coming up this weekend. Haven't seen him in too long. Haven't really decided on what we're going to do but I'm going to suggest a two-night camping trip by Canyon Lake.

Got some time with my best friend, basically a brother, coming up this weekend. Haven't seen him in too long. Haven't really decided on what we're going to do but I'm going to suggest a two-night camping trip by Canyon Lake.
Have a good time, and, take lots of photos. Then, tell us the story, and post said photos here. Oh, and don't forget to take lots of photos of Beckers...in action. ;)

during the NE gathering there where three earth shattering kabooms.

felt like small earthquakes. rattled the buildings nice, ground tremor, BOOM, many echoes in the hills for some time

turns out some nutters had a ton of tannerite. few drinks. some guns. mmm.

the police are going to try charges (pun) but how can that stick is beyond me.

during the NE gathering there where three earth shattering kabooms.

felt like small earthquakes. rattled the buildings nice, ground tremor, BOOM, many echoes in the hills for some time

turns out some nutters had a ton of tannerite. few drinks. some guns. mmm.

the police are going to try charges (pun) but how can that stick is beyond me.

Sounds like good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back