Sneak Peek 2 (WOW!!!)

Awesome, SRKW! :D
However, I will say that I'd prefer SR101 for the steel.
What drove the decision to S30V?
I have a couple of folders in S30V, and so far, they don't live up to the hype :(
All that being said, I'll still have to have one!

MPotter

This SRKW folder is intended for great performance--as a folder. A knife that starts out "broken" can only be so tough, so instead of go after the toughness angle they're looking for excellent slicing performance and edge retention. SR-101 is a great steel, but its fame really comes from brute force applications. S30V will hold an edge longer in non-impact cutting, and being stainless will survive being close to our hot, humid bodies a little better.

You've got a good point there, Warren.
Looks like a great working blade!

MPotter

if you do a search - around the 6th month of 2003 there was a post by jennifer about why they chose d2 over sr101. one of the main reasons (and advice from jerry) was that sr101 does not hold up as well when it is used in very thin cross sections, like in the hunter utility series of knives.

in a very thin folder blade (i assume 1/8th), sr101 would dent out excessively, where as a higher alloy like m2, s30v, or d2 you get higher dent resistence with a better level of edge holding, without as much need for that hardcore never chip out style performance.

and it will be swamprat/busse style heat treating - among the best in the world :D. so some of the probelsm you may have found in other s30v blades may be adressed with the new heat treat. (like what was said about properly heat treated d2 and its corrosian resistance)

:eek:

Tip down = good, especially when crouched or seated. Looks like it will ride nice and low with that clip placement. Blade profile is kinda AD-like, very nice. Looks grippy! In short, Kick ***!

I like what I see, and the price especially. where do i sign up for one?

Keep an eye on the forum here--the current hope is to have these available by the end of the summer. May happen, may happen even sooner. :)

A Spyderco Military and a SNG had a puppy.Love those nested liner locks.I can't wait.

Looks like right in time for my Birthday!!! now if evryone will give a dollar or 2 ya'll can give me a real nice present :D PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace
Bob

Back