Sneak Peek!!!! . . . . Force Multiplier V8 . . . . Coming January 17, 2018!!!

Well I only got to see it for about ten seconds before it was edited, I sure would like a second peak at it if someone were to pm me a picture and thanks very much in advance.

California does lot allow anything double edged ( intended for stabbing) to carry . Autos over 1.75 and knuckles are not legal for carry either . You can own / collect them though . As far as belt knives go .. any size is legal as long as it is visible , no surprises. Carry at your own discretion.

I'm not licensed to practice law in California, but I think you're mistaken. If there is a prohibition on double edged blades, the American Knife and Tool Institute, which does seem to know about California law, doesn't seem to know about it, and I was able to find no California statute.

There's a ban on carrying a "dirk or dagger" concealed, but the legal definition of "dirk or dagger" in California doesn't say anything about being double edged (it's a knife you can stab with and that's capable of inflicting great bodily harm), and it would include pretty much everything in the Busse catalog. And again, the ban isn't on owning it, it's about carrying it concealed. If you look under the penal code section on "generally prohibited weapons, you'll find "A concealed dirk or dagger, as prohibited by Section 21310," ("concealed" being the operative word) but nothing about double-edged weapons.

As far as I can tell, you can carry a double-edged dagger in California, so long as it is not concealed (except in places where a single-edged knife of the same length would be prohibited, or maybe in localities with laws that differ from the state).

I've seen claim on the Internet that daggers, dirks, stilettos, and anything else that's double edged are illegal to carry in California, but I believe that's based on a misinterpretation/misreading of the code provisions linked to above. If anyone is aware of any legal authority (statute, code, or case law) that says otherwise, I hope they'll set me straight.

And again, I'm not a California lawyer, but people who are seem to read the law the same way, as seen here.

Last edited:
I'm not licensed to practice law in California, but I think you're mistaken. If there is a prohibition on double edged blades, the American Knife and Tool Institute, which does seem to know about California law, doesn't seem to know about it, and I was able to find no California statute.

There's a ban on carrying a "dirk or dagger" concealed, but the legal definition of "dirk or dagger" in California doesn't say anything about being double edged (it's a knife you can stab with and that's capable of inflicting great bodily harm), and it would include pretty much everything in the Busse catalog. And again, the ban isn't on owning it, it's about carrying it concealed. If you look under the penal code section on "generally prohibited weapons, you'll find "A concealed dirk or dagger, as prohibited by Section 21310," ("concealed" being the operative word) but nothing about double-edged weapons.

As far as I can tell, you can carry a double-edged dagger in California, so long as it is not concealed.

I've seen claim on the Internet that daggers, dirks, stilettos, and anything else that's double edged are illegal to carry in California, but I believe that's based on a misinterpretation/misreading of the code provisions linked to above. If anyone is aware of any legal authority (statute, code, or case law) that says otherwise, I hope they'll set me straight.

And again, I'm not a California lawyer, but people who are seem to read the law the same way, as seen here.

I agree with everything you’ve written . I am just going off what the local sheriffs department mentioned to me . I know that a Knife that looks like it’s sole purpose is fighting or stabbing is more likely to cause a situation where a utility looking blade won’t .. a V8 vs a SOB for example ( though they can do the same things as far as damage goes , almost ) . California has some strange laws . It honestly depends on the situation .. I’ve had to donate a few knives ( folders and fixed ) to the local ....... dept . I’ve also been told on more than one occasion that my choice in belt Knife is 100% ok and legal .. a tglb in the past and now a DS6 or more often a R4 .

I had no intentions of questioning what was was written and I apologize if it came off that way .

I like carrying a knife , I don’t like losing them.. again carry at your own discretion.

I agree with everything you’ve written . I am just going off what the local sheriffs department mentioned to me . I know that a Knife that looks like it’s sole purpose is fighting or stabbing is more likely to cause a situation where a utility looking blade won’t .. a V8 vs a SOB for example ( though they can do the same things as far as damage goes , almost ) . California has some strange laws . It honestly depends on the situation .. I’ve had to donate a few knives ( folders and fixed ) to the local ....... dept . I’ve been told on more than one occasion that my choice in belt Knife is 100% ok and legal .. a tglb in the past and now a DS6 or more often a R4 .

I had no intentions of questioning what was was written and I apologize if it came off that way .

I like carrying a knife , I don’t like losing them.. again carry at your own discretion.

MN has very unclear knife laws. According to the law you can carry and own anything but a switchblade. The only thing you can't carry is a dangerous weapon with the intent to harm someone. Unfortunately, most police officers don't know the law, as well as each city having it's own blade length criteria. So traveling from my home through several cities I'm legal, not legal, legal, not legal. The good thing is that you can carry a fixed blade in most rural parts, including State Parks, and BWCA with no issues.

I see the "for sale" section as people testifying to what they're giving up over the next week to grab more of these daggers.

Back