So what is next after the Trubulence?

What will be the next pro series design? Anybody know?

I don't know what it is exactly, but I do know that Tim said this one would incorporate a tip up carry option like the JYD so I am definitely in on the preorder for the next one. :thumbup: :D ;)

I think you guys will like it! :D

-Clip Point Blade with no recurve, 3.75" long
-3D Machined Titanium handles
-Leaning towards a full backspacer on this one
-Tip up/Tip down carry
-Stud Stop, similar to the Turbulence

I will get pics up a soon as I get one together.

-Tip up/Tip down carry

Dammit, Tim!!:p I haven't rebounded yet from the last few. I mean, really! Go ahead and show us some pics, but take your time brother! My wallet is hurtin', but I'm keeping my number!!:D

BTW, specs sound really good so far!

-Tip up/Tip down carry

Tim, you jumped into my brain and pulled out exactly what I want! I am in and in! You can let me know where to send a down payment right now. :D Seriously though, this sounds like an exciting addition to the Pro Series line. I don't know if anything will top the almight JYD (in my book), but I will definitely be looking forward to this one and watching this thread constantly. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Another one I won't be buying due to blade length laws. :(

Get out of Kalifornia. That's right, mooooove to another state. heck even AZ which is right next door. Or get involved with your government to get the laws changed.

Kalifornia is all about adding regulations. Regulation is easy. Deregulation is almost always nearly impossible.

I live in Northern CA. and carry 3.5 inch bladed folders all the time. Maybe I should do some more research, but most LEO's I know and have discussed it with have told me I'm well within the law.

SS, do you have some special ordinance in L.A. about blade length?

SS, do you have some special ordinance in L.A. about blade length?

I believe LA County has a 3" limit...most places out side of LA County dont have any bladelength restrictions...or at least thats my understanding:)

I believe LA County has a 3" limit...most places out side of LA County dont have any bladelength restrictions...or at least thats my understanding:)

Ok, that makes me feel better. I always thought I was on the right side of the law concerning the knives I carry.

As far as what colubrid said, I thought he was believing the hype a bit too much;) Sure, we are not on the same level as AZ, but we are given a fairly wide berth here in "Kalifornia" when it comes to carrying pocket knives.

Ok, that makes me feel better. I always thought I was on the right side of the law concerning the knives I carry.

As far as what colubrid said, I thought he was believing the hype a bit too much;) Sure, we are not on the same level as AZ, but we are given a fairly wide berth here in "Kalifornia" when it comes to carrying pocket knives.

Yeah CA knife laws, from everything I've read, are fairly good...there is not alot of bladelength restrictions, and you can carry autos and balis if they are under 2"...LA has the 3" limit, but if it bugs you all that much you could move next door to orange county, where they 3" limit does not apply, IIRC:)

Sorry to go off topic a bit here...I cant wait to see the new model:thumbup:

Tim - Is this knife based on any of your new designs for production knives (like the Turbulence and the TG-1)? I'm really curious to see the new profile.

- Jim

How's progress on this project? It sure sounds interesting. I have a large JYD and am very impressed. I would like to purchase a different model knife of yours but I only purchase tip up carry knives as that is what I have trained with.

Get out of Kalifornia. That's right, mooooove to another state. heck even AZ which is right next door. Or get involved with your government to get the laws changed.

Kalifornia is all about adding regulations. Regulation is easy. Deregulation is almost always nearly impossible.

or maybe you don't know what your talking about.

the state only imposes a length restriction on autos.

Back