SOG Bowie 661 on top of handle. I have had it for 12 years or more. Need info please

Ken

Ken you identified my knife. But before the Recon Bowie but what was the letters. Bsr or what. And have you found any about the number on the top of the pomel.099.
Do you have a close up picture of the numbers and pommel?

Your knife is SOG Model SBR-80.
It was manufactured by Kinryu Corp, Seki Japan, which is no longer in the knife manufacturing business since 2016/17.
It is said that the first 100 knives made had numbers on their pommels. Besides that, there is no difference between them and all the unnumbered ones.
At one point Kinryu could not meet production and subcontracted to G.Sakai to manufacture the same SBR-80 REcon Bowies in smaller numbers.
From what I can tell, the only difference was that those shipped with a brown sheath instead of the black one like you have.

I don't know because I never tried that.
Just use the "Insert image (Ctrl+P)" icon to the right of the clip, and insert the url of your photo on the hosting site. I guarantee that it works.
Yes Ken don't get frustrated. I was told to insert them push thumbnail then full view. Right out of my gallery. Great information. I sent closer pictures of the markings on the Horse head knife.
This it?

I have no info, just trying to help you out. View attachment 1837110
No. But thanks.

Back