SOG Folder recommendations

I used a sog trident with the tanto blade which I think is the only one that has a full plain edge for several years as an EDC and it was great. Never had issues. It now has slight blade play but I used it a lot and was a little hard on it probably. I use my knives vs collect them. I love sog's low pro clips. They actually spoiled me I think. Also they are great because you can change them for right handed carry or left. I would recommend a trident. I thought it was a great EDC carry. They do feel cheaper than my newly acquired zt 0301 but that's to be expected.

As an electrician, I have used and abused a Trident with partial serrations for about 2 years and have not been disappointed.

I have an Aegis that has served me well. Frequently ends up in the rotation. Very light, deep carry, perfect blade length. Due to assisted opening it has a little blade play. AUS-8 which is excellent from SOG. Blade and tip are thin, so you must consider that depending on your intended use of your folders. Great carry knife. Especially at the $60 or so dollar mark.

Back