Sog Government

One of many I wish they still made,

My Sog Government, competent camp knife,

Batoning stuff,

Fuzzy Stuff,

Sweet, Sweet, Knife,

I'd love to find another one,

Last edited:
The Government's are nice knives. Not only do they look good, but they also feel good and work well as your pictures show. Thanks for sharing pictures of yours!

I had one for a little while and I loved it until somebody wanted to pay me a good price to love it more than I did ;) lol You can still come across them on a certain auction site every once in awhile. Nice knife!

Great Pics and a great knife! I have always thought about picking one up. They are still available on the bay. I actually really like what SOG replaced it with. The Gov-Tac. Unfortunately that has now been discontinued as well. But don't worry, I got mine!

20140418_184613.jpg

An Excellent, light weight, no-frills, general purpose knife.
Strange how it's Kraton handle would morph as the desert dagger...

Nice collection of Gov-Tac's. I've handled a Gov-Tac before and really liked it. Wish I had snagged one when they were in production. May try to find a good deal, once I have some more play money. . Thanks for sharing.

They are such nice knives, I wonder why they had poor sales. ?

I came about all my Gov-Tacs here on the exchange. And I believe I got very good prices for all of them. SOG doesn't have the best rep around here so people either price their item to move quicker or the knife goes unsold for a long time.

I don't know why the discontinued them. Seems like their newer fixed blades are in a different direction than the classic SOG look.

wildmanh, beautiful sheath. But that's a Government Agent rather than a Government, right?

wildmanh, beautiful sheath. But that's a Government Agent rather than a Government, right?

If I remember correctly, the Agent came with a grey powder coating, the Government was plain.

Beautiful knife for sure. I think I have to get one..

I have two of them and sometimes I'm not sure if I really need two of them. LOL!

On topic: Used my newer Government in the kitchen today to cut up onions and potatoes. It has a scary sharp convex edge and went through the veggies with ease! It also whittles and carves wood really well. I really should carry it more. . .

Just grabbed a Recon Government in new condition off ebay :D Those gun blue blades mmmm. Should have it in my hands tomorrow and will post a pic or 2

Congrats on that Recon Gov. I was eyeing that one for a while and would have tried for it if I
didn't already have a regular Gov model. Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Asides the Kydex Sheath - Gov-Tac / KYD-S21, what sheaths fit the Gov that SOG sell on their website? I am looking at their leather sheaths but interested in any.

Is there anything special needed for care and maintenance on a recon gov? Due to the gun blue coating on the blade and it being sk-5 carbon steel want to make sure I'm not using anything that will hurt it.

Hey guys im fairly new to SOG knives and have a question

How can you tell the which models are government models? Will they be labled? Or are the older seki japan ones all government? And whats the WDM MA labled ones mean?

Thanks in advance for any answers, much appreciated! !

>How can you tell the which models are government models?

you can go to theSOG collectors site and look at the Extraodinary Knives section. Starting with the Government there are variations and "decendants" that share the basic design.

>Will they be labled?

On the box, yes. On the knife, no.

>Or are the older seki japan ones all government?

No. Most of not all of the SOG fixed blade models were made in Seki Japan until about 2006, I think.

>And whats the WDM MA labled ones mean?

I think you mean EDM WA.

Back