SOG's Warrenty is the Worse

I AGREE WITH THIS GUY!!!

Sog old school fan here, what are you guys thinking?!?? Out of the new lineup I saw something that I actually had appreciation for, and that was the agency. But then, to hear that the sheath breaks within a few uses, and your CS person says "we don't cover the sheaths" ?????????????
??????????????
I will be waiting for Sog to come out with a product, that I really, really like, and then to hear of people having good experiences with it, before I'll ever buy another new Sog product. Unfortunately, all of this mess has made me loose my faith in Sog being a quality product, without question.

Sog, get back on point guys, I really love you guys and want to be able to support you. Don't sell someone something, that you created, knowing it would be an inferior product, and then not fix it when it's broken on the first week.

I want to see some Old school SOG products that are built to last a lifetime, where you know it, and we know it. Don't let SOG fall into the mud where it's in the same $5 bin at the flea market with the S&W junk and the no-name brands. (Fusion line is JUNK!!)

Get Sog back in the top of it's class like back when the Seal knife, Pup, Scuba/Demo and the Sog Bowie and the others DEMANDED RESPECT.
Lets go SOG get back in the F'N game!!!

Since you guys have taken such a turn for the worse, I have spent HUNDREDS, if not more, of dollars on Benchmade, Busse, Spartan Blades ETC. because I am a knife lover that origionated as a Sog fan, but you guys aren't leaving me $H!7 to choose from. Now I'm buying superior products that I can trust, and when I look back to see what you guys are doing it's nothing but a dissapointment, and BAD NEWS from other customers.

get your game back sog so I can get a sweet new bowie or something, or a Tigershark, or a recon bowie or something of quality that I can be happy and satisfied to own. Stop making the industry LAUGH AND/OR CRY with the SOG fulcrum, jungle primitive, and the Fusion Spirit. Leave the gimmics to Cold Steel, and get back to your roots.
-steve

Gotta agree with this. I started with SOG and have since moved on. I have an original Pentagon, Seal 2000, and Tech II, but the only fixed blade that even slightly appeals to me is the Team Leader. Mostly I check ebay for discontinued models. I, like many others here, would love to see the original Tomcat again. My brother has one and it's a beast! I will say that a couple of the Seki folders (like the Vulcan) appeal to me. I've seen mixed reviews on those, so I'm still open to those.

I was looking over reviews on the SOG Visionary I and was going to purchase 1 today. Never mind that. After reading this thread I will never buy a SOG knife. SOG you just lost 100$. Benchmade you just made 100$ congrats!! No excuse for terrible CS and build quality on a 150$ msrp knife NONE!!

I just read every page of this thread, cringing from time to time. I feel bad for the people who are having problems with their Sogs or even the warranty dept.

I have at least nine Sog knives, 2 fixed blades, 1 multi tool, and 6 folders. I have NEVER had an issue with any of my Sogs, I guess I'm just lucky. I just hate to see people turned off to Sog before they have even tried them.

You make 100,000 knives, there are going to be some defective ones. You would hope that QC would catch them, but some get out. No different then getting a bad car it happens. Also you cant please everyone all the time.

As for the women at Sog, that sucks, you hate to hear that she was anything but helpful but it happens, it shouldn't, but it does.

I have called suppliers trying to find parts and sometimes you get an @$$hole on the line or someone who is having a bad day. And sometimes you get someone who is super helpful and all is good.

As for Chris, he is one guy, with a job at Sog ( I'm sure BF is voluntary) and I'm sure he has a social life. To expect him to check the forum every single day is ridicules. I'm sure he tries, but come on guys. IMO he has made efforts to resolve this. As I said at the top, NEVER had a problem with a Sog knife. To those that are never going to try one because of this thread, you don't know what your missing.

Let me just add the fixed blade knives from Sog are top notch (except Fusion) and the folders are good, IMO. For the money I have in Sog knives, I am more than happy with the product I received.

Wow it's really disappointing reading these posts. So many people have had issues with poor quality control and horrible customer service from SOG. I like a lot of your products, but honestly you guys need to get yourselves together and improve your quality control and especially your customer service.

I read a post of one guy sending his Flash II because there was major up and down play, and you guys refused to cover it because that is what your standards consider normal. What the hell kind of service is that, very disappointing if you ask me, and I'm sure a lot of other people here think so to.

I read a post of one guy sending his Flash II because there was major up and down play, and you guys refused to cover it because that is what your standards consider normal. What the hell kind of service is that, very disappointing if you ask me, and I'm sure a lot of other people here think so to.

There's a recent thread here or on the Spyderco forum site (don't remember which) with exactly the same complaints about a Spydie not being fixed because it met "standards", and Spyderco's CS is pretty highly thought of.
Guess some of this may depend on who you talk to at a company and it's also possible that we are not getting the whole story about the issues involved.

Keep in mind that except for the last few message this thread is 2 years old.
I've never had to deal with SOGs CS. I have a number of SOG folders and not had any issues with them.
The impression I've gotten from reading more current comments was that SOGs CS is at worst satisfactory and frequently goes out of their way to satisfy customers, even on relatively inexpensive knives.

SOG DOG #2

Keep in mind that except for the last few message this thread is 2 years old.
I've never had to deal with SOGs CS. I have a number of SOG folders and not had any issues with them.
The impression I've gotten from reading more current comments was that SOGs CS is at worst satisfactory and frequently goes out of their way to satisfy customers, even on relatively inexpensive knives.

SOG DOG #2

Damn, your right. I missed that. Southside112 resurrected a 2 year old thread!!! Thanks Alan for pointing that out, I have got to look at the dates more closely.

I actually had a post written 2 different times in reference to the date of this thread and deleted it both times.

I will say this, SOG is not the same company it was 2 years ago in my opinion.

Thanks to all the employees at SOG and people like Chris Cashbaugh and his team.

Robbie Roberson.

You can't ignore bad reviews, but you should take each with a grain of salt.
More than likely, SOG will do whatever possible to avoid these problems from now on.

I own about 12 SOGs. I've had an issue with one (broken arc-lock spring) and SOG mailed me new springs within a week, no questions asked. I also had a kydex sheath that formed a small hairline crack -- nothing major, but a little annoying. SOG mailed me a new sheath... again, no questions asked. As a rule of thumb with any reputable company: for every negative review out there, there's probably a couple hundred positive.

I should also mention that 2 of my 12 SOG knives were paid for by SOG (a Micron and an Aegis). My experience with the company has been nothing but positive.

I rather like my visionary, no real complaints. THe tip is a little thin but that aside I actually think it is better than the griptillian while it is still in the same class and price range. Only real complaint i guess would be that the low ride pocket clip rotates a little but because there is only one screw that holds it rather than 2 or 3. But it works.

Damn, your right. I missed that. Southside112 resurrected a 2 year old thread!!! Thanks Alan for pointing that out, I have got to look at the dates more closely.

The only reason I posted was I was about to pull the trigger on a SOG Visionary II and decided to check the SOG section for a review of that knife. I ran across this thread and saw the SOG guy not resolve a serious issue a customer had. I was not about to drop 100$ on a knife that others have had issues with, and SOG would not fix if needed. Why risk it when you have brands like Kershaw, BM, and Spyderco?? I dont care how old this post is Chris did not resolve the issue for the OP so why would SOG help me if needed? BTW I bought a BM 551 grip with black blade and sand handle instead.

I have quite a few sogs, and I have never had a single problem. I carried my flash tanto for 4 years everyday for duty. It's cut, pried, and stabbed thousands of times. Unfortunately there actually seemed that a few trolls might have joined this post. Find a decent store, handle one, and form your own honest opinions.

Usmc please just find a dealer, and handle one to form your own opinion. It kills me how many people go by what others tell them. I've never agreed with Ebert on movies, so I'll continue to go and see movies that I think look interesting.

Just checked my Seki-made Visionary II for flaws--there aren't any. Centering is perfect, no blade play whatsoever, flawless lock action;
are only the Japenese made knives free of defects? I've had Benchmades that aren't this good.

Proud owner of the pendulum my EDC,auto-clip I use fishing,fielder,flash II,and Salute and I havent had any issues yet and a couple I have had a couple of years.
Nor any issues with any of the fixed blade versions I have either

I have just browsed this thread a bit, my experience with SOG has been good. I sell and carry their product. I have not seen any that have not been at least comparable to others in the same class. The multi tools are awesome, the assisted open folders are perfect for edc duty use. Light strong and well priced. The higher end stuff is just that, higher end. Good blades but not for everyone. Everyone has their own opinions but I will say this, I have sold 2 seal pups right off of my personal back pack, I keep a seal team knife handy, I carry a trident and flash 2 on me, a field pup attached to my turnout gear, a power assist in my car/on my person, a power lock on my duty belt, a micron on my keys and a paratool at home. I sell multiple brands of blades and keep coming back to SOG over and over. Just my 2 cents.

Jason

Back