1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

*SOLD* 10" 20CV Gyuto in Tasmanian Blackwood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by Robert Erickson, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Hi all,
    I have a pair of fantastic gyutos up for sale. I went for top of the line materials for these blades. The steel is CPM-20CV stainless heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo. The handles have absolutely gorgeous K&G stabilized Curly Tasmanian Blackwood with African Blackwood ferrules. The cap is black G10 and the spacers are black G10 and natural canvas micarta. Despite being full sized knives they are surprisingly light and nimble. The 255mm weighs in at 7.3 oz and the 215mm is at 6.8 oz. The balance points for both knives is just ahead of the ferrule cap.

SPECS:
    LARGE GYUTO
    OAL: 405mm (16")
    BLADE: 255mm (10") long, 50mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 600grit. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
    STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") CPM-20CV stainless steel heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo.
    HANDLE: K&G Stabilized Curly Tasmanian Blackwood, African Blackwood ferrule with black G10 cap and black G10 spacers and natural micarta spacer.

Price: $450 Shipped USPS in the CONUS

MEDIUM GYUTO
    OAL: 370mm (14.5")
    BLADE: 212mm (8.5") long, 50mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 600grit. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
    STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") CPM-20CV stainless steel heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo.
    HANDLE: K&G Stabilized Curly Tasmanian Blackwood, African Blackwood ferrule with black G10 cap and black G10 spacers and natural micarta spacer.

Price: $400 Shipped USPS in the CONUS

international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
    Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Very nice work Mr. Erickson!

Robert Erickson likes this.
  3. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you sir!

4. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Another couple of winners, that Koa is gorgeous!;)

5. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Appreciate the kind words! Thank you

6. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Beautiful work, Robert! I will take the Medium Gyuto per our emails.

JJ_Colt45 and Robert Erickson like this.
  7. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you Dylan, it's yours!

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  8. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Both now sold, thanks!