• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 10" 20CV Gyuto in Tasmanian Blackwood

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I have a pair of fantastic gyutos up for sale. I went for top of the line materials for these blades. The steel is CPM-20CV stainless heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo. The handles have absolutely gorgeous K&G stabilized Curly Tasmanian Blackwood with African Blackwood ferrules. The cap is black G10 and the spacers are black G10 and natural canvas micarta. Despite being full sized knives they are surprisingly light and nimble. The 255mm weighs in at 7.3 oz and the 215mm is at 6.8 oz. The balance points for both knives is just ahead of the ferrule cap.

SPECS:
LARGE GYUTO
OAL: 405mm (16")
BLADE: 255mm (10") long, 50mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 600grit. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") CPM-20CV stainless steel heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo.
HANDLE: K&G Stabilized Curly Tasmanian Blackwood, African Blackwood ferrule with black G10 cap and black G10 spacers and natural micarta spacer.

Price: $450 Shipped USPS in the CONUS

MEDIUM GYUTO
OAL: 370mm (14.5")
BLADE: 212mm (8.5") long, 50mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 600grit. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") CPM-20CV stainless steel heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo.
HANDLE: K&G Stabilized Curly Tasmanian Blackwood, African Blackwood ferrule with black G10 cap and black G10 spacers and natural micarta spacer.

Price: $400 Shipped USPS in the CONUS

international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

pLDs9jGl.jpg

gTYCs3tl.jpg

TjyxZhdl.jpg

a73QG9vl.jpg

1AMVl7ol.jpg

eeBzhuSl.jpg

ebhi9awl.jpg

LUfk28Zl.jpg

Back