• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD! 10.5 Inch Deep S-Grind Gyuto - Half-jaw Skull Memento Mori Sculpt - Sean Alonzo

One of the craziest geometries I've done to date! This one's up for grabs on my website! Price is 1,120USD.
If you get from me here, it's free shipping for you Bladeforums knife nerds! Reach me here or by email at baleteblades@gmail.com

This 10.5 inch Gyuto is what you'd call a kitchen sword. A versatile bade that truly shines when it comes to slicing larger ingredients.

bf 1.jpg
FEATURES:
- Blade Steel: AEB-L High carbon stainless steel (61HRC)
- Blade Dimensions: 10.5inches x 2 inches. Double bevel W/ deep "S-Grind". 4mm, aggressive distal taper. 3.5mm behind the heel, tapering down to 1.75mm (2 inches from the tip).
- Handle Detail: Brass front spacer, Stabilized Box Elder burl, Stabilized Amboyna burl. All wood parts are sealed completely with furniture grade polyurethane to make it completely waterproof.
- Encapsulated Sculpture: Hand sculpted brass Half-jaw Skull set in honey tinted clear epoxy resin

Studying different material textures to use in my chef knives, I call this texture a "Chiseled Slate" kurochi.
Screenshot_9.jpg

Handle sculpting this hybrid handle - some beauty shots of all the faceted detail on this sculpted western style handle. Brass front spacer, Stabilized black Box elder burl, Stabilized Amboyna Burl, accented with canvas micarta spacers.
Screenshot_17.jpg

Clear Honey tinted Epoxy resin brought up to a glassy crystal polish.
Screenshot_13.jpg

Screenshot_16.jpg

Screenshot_14.jpg

Screenshot_15.jpg

And lastly, a closeup on the encapsulated sculpture. A hand-sculpted Half-jaw skull, cast in bullet shell brass.
Screenshot_18.jpg

The skull is the perfect "Memento Mori", an old Latin saying that means "remember death". It's not for the sake of morbidity, but rather to instill in us a sense of urgency to live our best lives - a motivation of sorts to power through the fear, insecurity, and complacency that everyone experiences. After all, no one lives forever! This encapsulated sculpture is a reminder to make the most out of our lives!

THANKS FOR LOOKING! Check out daily updates through any of these socials you might be on!
IG: @baleteblades
FB: Balete Blades - Sean Alonzo

Back