• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD, 15, Mixed inventory

Due to limited quantities this week, please limit your order to one per post.

Please be prompt posting what you're taking and communicate with Jo because there may be someone behind you who wants something and we won't know what we have until you specify. If you are slow, your preference may be given to someone who specified what they want promptly. Also, lets try to keep things simple for Jo, please.

Today's sale is a mix of 15, your choice of current blades in process.

Available work in process to choose from are:
4 basic 7" SDFK starts at $373
1 Really dumb Bowie knife starts at $825
5 DEK1 in AEBL starts at $305
5 DEK1 in Delta 3V starts at $353
5 DEK2 in Delta 3V starts at $373
5 Double Edge Dagger Ground 6" Utility Fighters starts at $613
5 Standard 6" Utility Fighters $393
5 AEBL Kepharts starts at $268

The 6" Utility Fighter was designed as a collaboration with design and functional input from a family friend, US Army Green Beret Jason Landphair. It is a well made, durable, high performance mid sized utility combat knife designed to carry light, tolerate rough use beyond the abilities of most alternatives, and function properly as a mid size fighting knife in addition to normal cutting chores. In this newest release of this old pattern it now has the Delta 3V heat treat that is optimized for edge stability so it will hold a sharp edge in rough use better than ever. A side effect of this heat treat is a higher percentage of free chromium, so although it is not stainless, it is nearly so. I consider this to be one of the ultimate modern particle metallurgy super steels and a knife of this nature is an ideal application for it.

The handle is 3D sculpted CNC machined and ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average sized hand. Unnecessary weight is removed where possible and the tang is internally skeletonized for a neutral balance. The blade is made of .188" CPM "Delta" 3V. Despite being light (8 oz) and ground relatively thin (.020" before sharpening) it will tolerate rough use in demanding environments.

This is a dagger ground variation of the original and it's really more of an abdominal ventilation tool than a pry-bar.

Specs:

CPM 3V, Delta heat treat, tested 61 HRC, .188" at ricasso
Total length 10.8"
Blade length 6.0"
Edge length 5.6", 20 DPS
Weight 8.0 oz
Extra grippy 3D machined scales
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners (uncoated available upon request)

The price includes a very nice Mashed Cat Kydex sheath with TecLok.

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. There are five knives available in this sale. The knives in the picture are not the knives you will receive.

F4JErZX.jpg

Is8sFie.jpg

UyAG9Mx.jpg

hltuk7u.jpg

(pictures used without permission)

I apologize for showing a knife with options that are not available in this sale but I don't actually have any pictures for this so I shamelessly stole these from the internet and I chose these because it looks really dope.

Rather than just take my word for it here is an old video that illustrates the excellent durability of this pattern in CPM 3V:

These are all utility field grade, as machined and stonewashed with visible tool and grind marks. I'm sorry, there are no satin finishes available on this pattern outside of the pre-order. I'll try to find a more appropriate picture before offering these for sale again.

They are shown with buffed wooden scales. I apologize but we are out of wood scales for these, but we do have a few juicy edge cut antique micarta scales available if you're interested.

Scales are shown with buffed scales (the gloss helps the shape read better in the pictures) but they come unbuffed as standard for a better grip. If you prefer buffed you can request it in your order, there's no charge.

Price, which includes shipping and a sheath, is $613 in Black or Natural Canvas micarta (great choice and good value)

Other scales options:

OD Green +$10
Double Black +$10
Double Red +$20

Burlap +$20
Antique +$110

Ghost Orange+$20
Ghost Blue +$20

Substitute fully machined titanium screws with Torx head, +$15

Shipping is $13, and is included in the price. Shipping cost is not duplicated on multiples.

To place an order stake your claim in this thread and Jo will contact you to finalize your order. If you don't hear from her by mid week next week, contact her at jocarothers at g mail dought com

^folks who are posting here to purchase a knife that don't have an email listed in their profile and also aren't set up to get PM's (because they don't have a gold membership), Jo can't contact you so you will need to send her an email

If sales tax is due (due to your location) your order will be discounted so the total is the same as everybody else.

Shipping is already built into the price (BF policy) but if you get more than one the additional shipping will be deducted from your total.

Since these are being built to order it can take a few weeks to get everybody shipped.

Thank you. Jo, Mark, Bo, Ben and I appreciate you.

Sadie dog does not. Sadie is the worst.

66TMksw.jpg

BTW, we have a website that we post some old inventory on sometimes if anybody is interested. https://carothersknives.com/shop/

LZ0jg8q.jpg
in

Back