1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

*SOLD* 20CV Gyuto and K-Tip in Dyed Karelian Birch

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by Robert Erickson, May 24, 2020.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Hello all,
    These are the latest off my bench. Twin chefs, one gyuto and one K-tip. The steel is 20CV stainless steel heat treated to RC61 which included LN cryo. 20CV is considered one of the premier stainless steels for edge holding. I find it great to use when slicing is the task at hand. The handle material is dyed Karelian Birch and African Blackwood. The Karelian birch is some of the best I've ever worked with. It has great figure and chatoyance that the pictures don't fully capture. They are well balanced right at the front of the ferrule and light in hand.

SPECS:
    Gyuto:
    OAL: 380mm (15.0")
    BLADE: 220mm (8.75") long, 50mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 800grit. The grind is full flat with convex towards the edge which is down to 0.009" before sharpening.
    STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") 20CV Stainless steel heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo.
    HANDLE: Stabilized, dyed Karelian Birch and African Blackwood ferrule. Black G10 and natural micarta spacers and black G10 cap.
    Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS

SPECS:
    K-Tip:
    OAL: 350mm (13.75")
    BLADE: 190mm (7.5") long, 50mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 800grit. The grind is full flat with convex towards the edge which is down to 0.009" before sharpening.
    STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") 20CV Stainless steel heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo.
    HANDLE: Stabilized, dyed Karelian Birch and African Blackwood ferrule. Black G10 and natural micarta spacers and black G10 cap.

Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS

If purchased as a set the total would be $SOLD

international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
    Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  2. richard.howe

richard.howe

Mar 21, 2009
    I’ll take them both

3. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Awesome, they are yours. Shoot me an email and we can work out the details.
    Thank you!

4. pavhav

pavhav

Aug 25, 2019
    Gorgeous knives, excellent steel.

Robert Erickson likes this.
  5. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you sir!

6. richard.howe

richard.howe

Mar 21, 2009
    Received today. Stunning pieces of workmanship from a good human being. Thanks Robert.

7. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you Richard I'm glad you like them!

8. StoneAndSteel

StoneAndSteel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2019
    I know that I am very late to this party, but I really need to say that those are among the most beautiful kitchen knives I have ever seen.

9. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words.

10. huntnfishin

huntnfishin Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah they are stunners. I have a knife of yours and use it daily. Great work!

11. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you. I’m glad you are liking your knife!