• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 26C3 Petty with hamon in Curly Narra

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've just finished this kitchen petty/prep knife for your consideration. It's 26C3 carbon steel heat treated to RC63-64 with vivid hamon. It's compound full flat/convex grind down to 0.007" before sharpening. The handle material is stabilized Curly Narra wood. Narra is Pterocarpus indicus AKA the same tree that produces Amboyna Burl. This is the curly version. The coloration is every bit as beautiful as the burl. The curl on this isn't as deep as Koa but it has a very nice chatoyance.

SPECS:
OAL: 240mm (9.5")
BLADE: 125mm (5") long, 40mm (1.5") heel height. It has been hand finished to 1200 grit and etched in FeCl and polished to reveal a vivid hamon. The grind is full flat with convex towards the edge which is down to 0.007" before sharpening.
STEEL: 2 mm (0.078") 26C3 carbon steel heat treated to RC63-64.
HANDLE: Stabilized Curly Narra wood and white G10 liners and pins.
Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS
international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

mRX85tKl.jpg

QGCxYkxl.jpg

tv6ri1Ml.jpg

sZS8abLl.jpg

rcnC8zAl.jpg

t39zcj0l.jpg

l6VAxNSl.jpg

K8vXbA3l.jpg

rFDIRNKl.jpg

Last edited: