1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

(SOLD) 3V Hunter in Natural Micarta, the "Day Hunter" Repost

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Robert Erickson, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    The Day Hunter:
    This one is 3V steel that I Ferric Chloride etched and tumbled for a stone washed finish. It is heat treated to RC61 using a low temp tempering protocol. The handle is very cool vintage micarta I recently obtained from @Milan Mozolic from the 1970's - 1980's. This one has a 416 stainless guard.

SPECS:
    OAL: 10.5"
    BLADE: 4.5" long, 1.5" wide. Full flat grind down to 0.012", hand sanded to 800 grit, Ferric Chloride etched and tumbled for a stone wash finish. The spine has been slightly rounded.
    STEEL: 0.125" 3V steel heat treated to RC61
    HANDLE: Vintage micarta, 416 stainless guard and pin. Black and natural micarta spacers.
    SHEATH: Handmade pouch style leather.
    $SOLD Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome shipping extra.
    Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Really like that you used the antique Micarta and the solder joint at the guard, Perfect ;):)

Robert Erickson likes this.
  3. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you sir! (The joint is actually solderless ;))

4. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Even better!

5. keepemsharp

keepemsharp

Nov 2, 2005
    I will take it, Robert. Looks just right for me ! I will email you separately.

ScooterG and Robert Erickson like this.
  6. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    2nds

7. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    It’s yours thank you!

8. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    That is a great piece Robert .

9. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you sir!

10. jelio

jelio KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 3, 2014
    Very clean work! Few makers allow themselves to show such detailed pictures.
    Congratulations.

11. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you Jelio!

12. Milan Mozolic

Milan Mozolic KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, looks really nice with that micarta :) (btw, I have more in stock)