1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

SOLD---=== 6" Kraiken {CPM 3V & Cape Buffalo} ===---

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by BenR.T., May 15, 2018.

1. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Hey guys I just finished one of my 3V kwaikens and it is now up for grabs.

I offer these in either chisel or double ground. This particular one has double grind. I grind these down to a near zero edge and put a small micro bevel on it. This aids in edge durability and also ease of sharpening.This knife is razor sharp and the point is like a needle.

This is my Kraiken model, which has lots of built in sori. Here is a video explaining the knife design and sheath benefits.

Here is one push cutting through 3/4" of Veg tan leather

This particular one is .210" CPM 3v with a double grind down to a razor sharp edge and point.

The sheath is Aluminum, wrapped in gorgeous black Skark skin and lined with kevlar. The "sageo" adds grip when tucked in your belt, and also extends to act as a static cord.

I have been carrying and using a tanto style pocket knife for over ten years straight. When I say "tanto" I am really referring to the grind style as that is what it is generally know as here. The utility nature of the tanto blade shape I think is underrated and often misunderstood. The angled front edge works awesome for scraping, much like a chisel. And the secondary point where the bevels meet means the blade cuts deeply on a pull cut or stab. The grind also reinforces the tip for piercing.

These are designed as a hard use utility/fighting knife.

Here are the specs.

OAL - 10 3/4"
    Blade - 6" Double ground
    Steel - .210" CPM 3v with proper HT done by myself including LN cryo. My HT benefits not only fine edge stability but also increases corrosion resistance to near stainless levels.
    Handle - Tsuka Ito. The menuki is hammered titanium that is green and bronze anodized. The whole handle is Epoxy soaked with marine grade G/flex epoxy for durability.
    Sheath - aluminum sheath with Cape Buffal overwrap and kevlar lining.
    Price - $675 + $15 Priority shipping.
    Paypal or postal money order preferred
    bentendick at gmail.com

http://www.brtbladeworks.com/available-knives.html

[​IMG]

2. rooster68

rooster68 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Beautiful piece!

BenR.T. likes this.
  3. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Very nice knife, I really like the Cape buffalo sheath.

BenR.T. likes this.
  4. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks guys.
    This is Sold.

5. AVigil

AVigil knifemaker working the grind Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Bad Ass blade for sure, great work Ben