1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

*SOLD* 8" AEB-L K-Tip Gyuto with Ringed Gidgee

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by Robert Erickson, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Hi all,
    Here's the latest off my bench. It's a sleek profile K-Tip gyuto in AEB-L stainless steel. The steel was heat treated to RC62 including LN cryo. The handle material is absolutely stunning Australian Ringed Gidgee. It is a cousin of Koa that is equally as beautiful and is naturally nearly as hard as Lignum Vitae. It is one of my favorite handle materials. It is posted here and Instagram so the first "I'll take it" by time stamp will be honored.

SPECS:
    OAL: 330mm (13")
    BLADE: 205mm (8") long, 48mm (1.9") heel height. It has been hand finished to 600grit. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
    STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") AEB-L stainless steel heat treated to RC62 including LN cryo.
    HANDLE: Australian Ringed Gidgee with black paper micarta and white G10 liners. The pins are black micarta.

Price: $330 Shipped USPS in the CONUS

international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
    Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. arden.ferris

arden.ferris Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2006
    oooh. . . really nice. and very tempting.

Robert Erickson likes this.
  3. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Thanks Arden!

4. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Sold pending funds, thanks!

5. tmlc18

tmlc18

May 13, 2018
    Oops too late. Was hemming and hawing since it is close to curly Koa we planned on which was coming up soon too. Oh well. Glad it is going to a person who was paying attention.

6. arden.ferris

Dec 7, 2006
    if you got any others that need to find a home. . . . .

7. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
  8. arden.ferris

Dec 7, 2006
    That is a really knife Prep knife. I am thinking about it. . . I should probably use the one I've got more.

9. arden.ferris

Dec 7, 2006
    Robert, I sent an email

10. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Now sold thanks!