*SOLD* 8" AEB-L K-Tip Gyuto with Ringed Gidgee

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
Here's the latest off my bench. It's a sleek profile K-Tip gyuto in AEB-L stainless steel. The steel was heat treated to RC62 including LN cryo. The handle material is absolutely stunning Australian Ringed Gidgee. It is a cousin of Koa that is equally as beautiful and is naturally nearly as hard as Lignum Vitae. It is one of my favorite handle materials. It is posted here and Instagram so the first "I'll take it" by time stamp will be honored.

SPECS:
OAL: 330mm (13")
BLADE: 205mm (8") long, 48mm (1.9") heel height. It has been hand finished to 600grit. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") AEB-L stainless steel heat treated to RC62 including LN cryo.
HANDLE: Australian Ringed Gidgee with black paper micarta and white G10 liners. The pins are black micarta.

Price: $330 Shipped USPS in the CONUS

international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

H6QqRoWl.jpg

neSgJ76l.jpg

qZV0272l.jpg

zB148SEl.jpg

tqpKBeul.jpg

L3paVeMl.jpg

1xH1GKol.jpg

YnnRRCsl.jpg

Oops too late. Was hemming and hawing since it is close to curly Koa we planned on which was coming up soon too. Oh well. Glad it is going to a person who was paying attention.

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

arden.ferris

Gold Member
That is a really knife Prep knife. I am thinking about it. . . I should probably use the one I've got more.