• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 9" AEB-L Chef with rare purple Amboyna and Tasmanian Blackwood

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've got this large chef knife up for sale now. It is 0.09" AEB-L heat treated by Peter's to RC62. The grind on it is compound with it being flat ground to 0.02" then convex on spine and edge to aid in food release. The edge is down to near zero. I hand sanded it to 800 grit. The Amboyna is a variant that has great figure throughout and the bolsters are dyed Tasmanian Blackwood.

SPECS:
OAL: 335mm (14")
BLADE: 228mm (9") long, 50mm (2") heel height, full flat grind with convex spine and edge which is down to near zero. The blade is hand sanded to 800 grit. The spine and choil are rounded for comfort
STEEL: 0.09" AEB-L heat treated by Peter's to RC62
HANDLE: Rare Amboyna variant, dyed curly Tasmanian Blackwood bolsters, black micarta liners and pins with a white G10 pinstripe.

$375 shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Paypal, venmo, checks and money orders accepted.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks!

fullsizeoutput_65b by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_65c by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_65d by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_65e by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_65f by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_660 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_661 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_662 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_663 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_664 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

This mark is not a defect or smudge, it is a natural color variation of the Blackwood

fullsizeoutput_665 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_666 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

Back