1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

SOLD!!! Beautiful Tobin Liner Lock - Canvas Micarta and Hamon

Discussion in 'For Sale: Custom Knives (Individual)' started by Pharmagator, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I purchased this Tobin Smith Custom Knife years ago off of this forum... I was really interested in owning a folding knife with a Hamon... I found this folder with natural canvas micarta scales and a liner-lock and a harpoon-type blade and I bought it... this is a smooth opening knife - great fit and finish.
    I am asking $SOLD OBRO (I purchased this as new, and I never carried, used, or sharpened this knife)

This is the knife you need if you ever want to stab a Garbage Truck...

Tobin Smith Linerlock.JPG Tobin Smith Linerlock d.JPG Tobin Smith Linerlock e.JPG Tobin Smith Linerlock f.JPG Tobin Smith Linerlock a.JPG Tobin Smith Linerlock c.JPG Tobin Smith Linerlock b.JPG

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    jfk1110 likes this.
  2. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    The blade is 3.5" (measured from front of bolster to tip)
    The blade is an amazing 1/4" thick (using a ruler, not a micrometer)
    The closed length is 5" (again using a ruler)
    There is absolutely no blade play...
    And the titanium liners are roughly 1/16" thick!

3. Windmill_Dunk

Windmill_Dunk Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Hi there. Nice piece. Have a couple of questions.

How much does it weigh?

Is it running washers or bearings?

What is the action like? Do you have the ability to do short action video?

And lastly - curious if you’d entertain trades on this.

Thanks!
    Dan

4. rickpropas

rickpropas Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    PM, offer sent.

5. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    Sold! Someone needs to stab a locomotive!