• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD - EDChef 5

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a new take on the previous EDChef prototype. At this size it can take on the role of a mini santoku/kitchen utility knife.

~1080 Sawmill blade steel, normalized, heat treated, quench and tempered at 400°
Overall length: 8 3/4"
Cutting Edge 4 3/4"
Weight 4.9 oz
Behind the edge thickness: .0075"

Handle: Black linen micarta with green Kydex liners

Sheath(!): Green Kydex. Who says a kitchen knife isn't allowed out once in a while? Picnic anybody?

Asking SOLD

Price is via PayPal G&S (I will provide the email address in private messaging) and includes expedited shipping with full tracking and insurance.

First "I'll take it" followed by prompt communication gets priority.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_6431.JPG

IMG_6432.JPG

IMG_6433.JPG

IMG_6434.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6436.JPG
IMG_6437.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

Last edited:
Hi T, thanks for dropping! Well, I'm waiting for some steel to come in for a couple of big blades I have on the books, so I guess I could start on one right away, at least until the steel comes in then I have to do the oldest orders first. You looking for an EDChef 5 or the original 4 inch blade? If the 4, I have three blanks in AEB-L and could probably have one done and ready to ship for Wednesday around lunch time. If the 5, I can only do it with 1084 as that's all I have in stock right now. There might be a sawmill blade piece left over big enough though. I'd have to look. Feel free to shoot me an email to discuss options if you'd like.

Back