• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD, Forty, 7" Super Duty Field Knife, Delta 3V

These are the basic series. There will be a signature series in a future sale.

sU6ep9q.jpg

lqPOXOX.jpg

J2Ydcwj.jpg

CoBVlnY.jpg

wapEOwU.jpg

fK4YmEd.jpg

tO6fU9x.jpg

Qnzwoqt.jpg

This is a full 1/4" of Delta 3V goodness

7" blade length, 12 1/4" total length, 1lbs 1 oz (14.8 oz for the Signature series)

Despite the significant amount of blade on this fat girl it does just balance on the first finger. The handle is designed to accommodate a three-finger grip to get a little extra length for some use as a small chopper.

Sharpened 22 DPS, HRC 60.5

Highly corrosion resistant (for a tool steel), good abrasive wear resistance, practically unbreakable, and with the Delta heat treat it has good edge stability and will remain sharp in all kinds of crazy use that would wreck most knives. Comes with one of the best sheaths in the business.

Despite being practically unbreakable, our primary grind geometry isn't overly obtuse and our thickness behind the edge is pretty reasonable. These knives cut like you would expect from us. We know what we're doing.

$363 ($350 plus $13 shipping) for the basic series (this is a lot of knife for the money)

Your choice of black or natural micarta scales. There are also some special scales materials options (inquire with Jo) and also some attractive fully machined titanium screws for $15 extra if you want that.

This knife comes with our rough use warranty. If it ever fails for any reason short of intentionally breaking it (can't be done with your monkey meat, it's going to take some tools), I will replace, repair or refund your knife. You can't break this knife.
Hi Nathan,
Great looking knives!
For myself and others that are unfamiliar with the process, it would be nice if you could include ordering information in your posts.
People keep writing that they have emailed Jo, but I’m not sure who that is…

Hi Nathan,
Great looking knives!
For myself and others that are unfamiliar with the process, it would be nice if you could include ordering information in your posts.
Here is the Carothers forum here on blade forums : https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/carothers-performance-knives.929/

Here is a stickied thread that may be useful : https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/if-you-are-new-to-cpk.1716876/

This is the ask Nathan thread : https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/

There is also an ask Jo thread but you better find out who she is first.

Hi Nathan,
Great looking knives!
There were 40 knives available today. Sales threads are posted at 3:00 pm eastern on dates announced in the “The Next sale” thread over in the Carothers sub forum. When the sale opens you post a reply. One knife per post. There were 70+ posts in under a minute in this sale- so you have to be quick and lucky. Jo Carothers (Nathan’s lovely wife) will contact the first 40 posters (probably Monday) to verify options. Jo will then send you a PayPal invoice.

This is my first win doing this! Exciting with a load of anxiety!!!!😬
Guess I lucked out!!! It’s actually a little fun!💪😁
Congratulations to all who got a win and hope that others that missed out will have better luck in the future!!!👍

There were 40 knives available today. Sales threads are posted at 3:00 pm eastern on dates announced in the “The Next sale” thread over in the Carothers sub forum. When the sale opens you post a reply. One knife per post. There were 70+ posts in under a minute in this sale- so you have to be quick and lucky. Jo Carothers (Nathan’s lovely wife) will contact the first 40 posters (probably Monday) to verify options. Jo will then send you a PayPal invoice.
Awesome thanks for the info.

👍

Silly me. I thought they meant 'backup' as in someone drops out, then they want that one.

Last edited:
Scales choices for the SDFK:

Canvas micartas
Black
Natural
Double Black
Double Red and
OD Green

Linen micarta
Red and Black

Natural Burlap micarta

Gray TeroTuf
OD Green Terotuf

I am working on this list now. I have a lot of emails. Please be patient. Thank you!

Back