• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD* Island Cleaver in AEB L

Eric J.S.

Knifemaker/Craftsman/Service Provider
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
$170 Shipped
Island Cleaver
3/32 AEB L @62Rc w/ cryo by Peters
Clear Ocean Coolibah Hybrids by Tom's Custom Blanks! Black and White G10 liners
7" blade convexed thin with a razor sharp edge
Stainless hollow pins, mirror polished
Super handy with vegetables or meat duty!

Island cleaver left side.jpg Island cleaver right side.jpg

I like what you're doing! Please bear with me... My wife likes short knives. Despite our options, the standard western thin utility blade is her favorite. But, she recently expressed that she would like a taller (edge to spine) knife so she scrape up ingredients like I do and what not.

A traditional nakiri might be too straight-edged for a general purpose knife so I was sort of thinking about a "small" kiritsuke. Or maybe a nakiiri-kiritsuke hybrid? I know, some call that a santoku. :D But santoku covers a huge variety these days.

I'm thinking 5-6", around 1.5" tall, 3/32" or so spine , traditional secondary bevel around 15 degrees per side (looking for thin but would default to you on steel peculiars), tough would be paramount and take priority.

Is that making any sense?

That sounds just fine lol I actually have a couple Petty sized blanks ready to go now actually, if you dont mind shooting me a email at brushcreekknives@gmail.com I can go over options and pricing and maybe have it done in about a week :)

Back