1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

*SOLD* N690 Bird & Trout with Wild Almond Burl and green micarta bolsters

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Robert Erickson, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    I'm offering this stainless Bird & Trout for sale today. It's outfitted with N690 steel with some fantastic Wild Almond Burl. The bolsters are green micarta. According to Chuck at Alpha Knife Supply, N690 compares favorably with VG10 steel in composition. I like it and will be using it more in the future. It's light at 4.7 oz and the edge is down to 0.005" before sharpening. I will make a Kydex or leather sheath for the buyer.

Specs:
    OAL: 9.25"
    Blade: 4.25" long, 1.25" wide, full distal taper, 600 grit cork belt satin finish, edge down to 0.005" before sharpening
    Steel: 0.125" N690 HT by Peter's to RC60
    Handle: Wild Almond Burl stabilized by K&G, green micarta bolsters, black canvas micarta liners, spacers and pins.
    Sheath: Kydex or leather
    $SOLD Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome shipping extra
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email for arrangements.
    Comments/Critiques/Questions always welcome
    Thanks for taking a look!

[​IMG]B&T by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Gary W. Graley, rjn, Wurrwulf and 5 others like this.
  2. Rob_Angerer

Rob_Angerer

Jul 30, 2008
    I'll take it, if available.

Tutone and Robert Erickson like this.
  3. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    Great work and a nice snag!

Robert Erickson likes this.
  4. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    It's available and all yours Rob. Thanks!

Thank you!

5. Rob_Angerer

Rob_Angerer

Jul 30, 2008
    Paypal sent. Dark Green Kydex if you would please... thanks Robert!

6. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Beautiful knife‼️ Congrats @Rob_Angerer awesome snag

7. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you sir!

8. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    That almond burl is stunning! Gorgeous knife.

Robert Erickson likes this.
  9. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thanks Scott!