1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

*SOLD* Nitro V Gyuto with Curly Red Gum

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by Robert Erickson, May 30, 2019.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    I have this nice sized gyuto up for sale tonight. It's Nitro V stainless steel at RC61. The handle is professionally stabilized Curly Red Gum and black micarta liners and pins. Red Gum is an Australian hardwood that is naturally brick red in color. The curl has some very nice chatoyance and is very tight and even. The blade has been hand finished to 800 grit and the spine and choil rounded for comfort. The grind is a compound full flat/convex down to 0.005" before sharpening. It's very light, weighing in at 200 grams and the balance point is right at the front of the handle.

SPECS:
    OAL: 320mm (12.5")
    BLADE: 190mm (7.5") long, 49mm (1.9") heel height. The blade has been hand sanded to 800 grit. The grind is compound full flat/convex to aid in food release. The spine and choil are rounded for comfort.
    STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") Nitro V stainless steel heat treated to RC61.
    HANDLE: K&G stabilized Curly Red Gum, black micarta liners and pins.
    Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome shipping extra.
    Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Stunning

Robert Erickson likes this.
  3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Robert, your work is second to none and it keeps on getting better!:eek:

Robert Erickson likes this.
  4. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Appreciate the kind words gentlemen!

5. _ben

_ben

Dec 21, 2015
    I have a chef's knife from Robert and it's a joy to use. His handle shape is A+.

woodysone and Robert Erickson like this.
  6. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    That’s great to hear and thank you Ben!

7. honingblades

honingblades Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Looks great!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  8. cricks1492

cricks1492 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2013
    The wife said no but I'm gonna keep asking every day it's still available.

9. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Energy and persistence conquer all things. -- Benjamin Franklin
    ;)

cricks1492 likes this.
  10. aegle

aegle

Jun 13, 2019
    Beautiful. I'll take it.

11. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    It is yours sir, thank you!

Justin Schmidt likes this.
  12. cricks1492

cricks1492 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2013
    aegle is my wife! She bought it for my birthday and I just received it tonight. Wow. That tricky lady!

Beautiful craftsmanship. I'm very happy with the knife. I'm very happy with the wife as well.

Stack Up and Robert Erickson like this.
  13. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Oops! @aegle I shouldn't have been so presumptuous :eek:
    I'm glad you like it though!