• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* San Mai Gyuto in Stabilized Asian Satinwood Burl

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've got a everyday sized gyuto up for sale here today. It's San Mai steel consisting of a 52100 core with stainless jacket. It's made by the New Jersey Steel Baron crew and is perfectly centered. The Handle material is gorgeous K&G stabilized Asian satinwood burl.

SPECS:
OAL: 11.0" (280mm)
BLADE: 6.5" (165mm) long, 1.75" (45mm) heel height. It has been hand finished to 1200grit and then etched in FeCl and coffee to bring out the contrast. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
STEEL: 0.10" (2.5mm) 52100/410 stainless San Mai steel heat treated to RC62.
HANDLE: K&G Stabilized Asian Satinwood Burl with black and white liners and black micarta pins.
Price: $SOLD Shipped USPS in the CONUS, International buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, check or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements. I have this posted on Instagram as well. The first time stamp has priority.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking!

GBNgu7kl.jpg

bYHt7fzl.jpg

2NL2EZHl.jpg

spALvMbl.jpg

lao31ZZl.jpg

oG44dq5l.jpg

XqIOQ23l.jpg

Last edited:
This arrived and wow, Im very happy with it. I'd never handled satinwood before so wasn't expecting anything beyond the great looks. In fact it feels amazing and satin-y in the hand. That feel is perfectly matched by the blade, which had a similar silk-matte feel. Great job Robert!

This arrived and wow, Im very happy with it. I'd never handled satinwood before so wasn't expecting anything beyond the great looks. In fact it feels amazing and satin-y in the hand. That feel is perfectly matched by the blade, which had a similar silk-matte feel. Great job Robert!
Thank you sir, I'm glad you like it!

Back